Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
956 Posts
Looks awesome. Just checked ebay for about the same price you can get a red lens, clear like yours, and tinted. Thanks for posting this thread.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
216 Posts
Thanks.
Mine is actually the tinted one. You cant really tell in the pics.
I brought a replacement on Amazon for $200 about 2 years ago and it is starting to show hairline cracks in the lens. I am carefully about touching the lens when I close the trunk so I don't know why the cracks are showing up.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
I had a new one installed at my local Cadillac dealer a couple of months ago, have not even touched the trunk and its starting to crack.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
58 Posts
Nice. I like the smoked look on that color. Perhaps the taillights are next up for review?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThanksMine is actually the tinted one. You cant really tell in the pics.
Nice. I like the smoked look on that color. Perhaps the taillights are next up for review?
I think all the factory ones are very prone to dry rotting and cracking. I am already looking for smoked tail lights. If I dont find any I may just smoke my factorys.

·
2006 DTS perf
956 Posts
Checked my year old third brake light and it's starting to get the hairline cracks again. I put crazy glue over them to keep moisture out. I think I'll purchase the smoked light like the op and keep it until my oem light starts loosing leds do to moisture.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I took my factory 3rd brake light 4 of the studs had broken off and when I set it on the ground it broke completely in half. It was basically falling apart in my hand.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
133 Posts
I've been strongly considering the clear/chrome one for my black car, even though I already rebuilt my stock light. there goes my rebuild service though, lol. I charged more than these cost to cut them open and refit with new LED's. I did a couple off facebook for people before these came out

·
2006 DTS perf
956 Posts
Im torn between the clear or smoked chrome. I'm leaning toward the clear.

·
2006 DTS perf
956 Posts
I brought a replacement on Amazon for $200 about 2 years ago and it is starting to show hairline cracks in the lens. I am carefully about touching the lens when I close the trunk so I don't know why the cracks are showing up.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
I think its a design flaw. I've replaced mine 5 times since 06. 2 under warranty.

·
Registered
2007 DTS Performance 52k
71 Posts
Anyone have a link to these?

I have lost a couple LEDs out but right at the end. So you can not tell unless you look. From what I know it is original so it is only a matter of time until I start to loose more of them.

·
2006 DTS perf
956 Posts
Anyone have a link to these?

I have lost a couple LEDs out but right at the end. So you can not tell unless you look. From what I know it is original so it is only a matter of time until I start to loose more of them.
The lights are on ebay. easy to find. I agree once water gets in the leds fail quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts