Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 SRX and love it, but the rear wiper blade has been a nightmare!
Through trial and error, I have discovered that the ONLY wiper blade that fits properly on the rear of the 2010-2014 model SRX is the OE GM part number 20825882. It can be purchased on Ebay at a reasonable price. It also fits under the cover well, bit be careful woth the cover or you will break it!

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
I just had mine replaced. My local mechanic ordered it from GM and installed it the next day. Fifteen bucks.

One tip I discovered: When cleaning winter salt and sludge from the rear window, it helps to turn on the rear defroster for a minute to warm up the window before squirting the washer fluid. This virtually eliminates those ugly streaks and 'missed spots."

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
250 Posts
retcad said:
One tip I discovered: When cleaning winter salt and sludge from the rear window, it helps to turn on the rear defroster for a minute to warm up the window before squirting the washer fluid. This virtually eliminates those ugly streaks and 'missed spots."
I second this suggestion - it does make a difference. I also like that remote start turns on the defrost - by the time you get in the car the window is ready to be cleaned.

·
Registered
2012 SRX4
1 Posts
I have noticed that the rear wiper does not clean the window with the cover installed (SRX 2012). Has anyone else observed this issue? Thinking of replacing the cover.

·
Registered
SRX
29 Posts
NorfolkMick said:
I have noticed that the rear wiper does not clean the window with the cover installed (SRX 2012). Has anyone else observed this issue? Thinking of replacing the cover.
I haven't had any problem with that on my 2012.

Ken

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
I have not had a problem with my rear wiper, blade is still good even after the vehicle being close to 5 years old, mind you I'm in S. California so
the rear blade does not get as much use as in other parts of the country, the cover protects the rubber from sun damage, I have had to change
my front wipers twice and one will need replacing again soon.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance 2.8 L Turbo AWD traded for 2019 XT4 AWD Sport
95 Posts
I have been thinking about replacing the original wiper with a longer blade so it covers more of the window. Dirt and road salt/sand leave a large part of the window glass unusable here in the winter time. Have done that on all my previous SUV's very successfully. Would have to use it without the cover. Is that even possible?

·
Registered
2010 SRX Lux
20 Posts
I replaced mine with a longer(12") blade when I got it and it does not seat on the window properly with the cover installed. I went and bought the OEM 11" blade from the dealership and it works perfect. $15 at the dealership.

·
Registered
SRX Performance
48 Posts
I have been thinking about replacing the original wiper with a longer blade so it covers more of the window. Dirt and road salt/sand leave a large part of the window glass unusable here in the winter time. Have done that on all my previous SUV's very successfully. Would have to use it without the cover. Is that even possible?
If you can find a bigger blade that fits yes. the cover serves no operational purpose

·
Registered
'94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250
768 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it has been quiet for a few months!

My search didn't find an answer to my question, but you guys should know....Where is the rear washer fluid reservoir fill located? I can't find it and the user manual doesn't show it's location.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it has been quiet for a few months!

My search didn't find an answer to my question, but you guys should know....Where is the rear washer fluid reservoir fill located? I can't find it and the user manual doesn't show it's location.
There isn't one - the front and rear washers use the same fluid source.

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Performance
6 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rear washer fluid comes from the same reservoir as the front. Just piped to the rear washer outlet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While we are on the rear wiper thread, my washers squirts way far too the left and just barley goes into the wiper area. I've tried to adjust it and its maxed out. Is this common for most?

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
My '14 is the same way. Haven't talked to the dealer about it but will the next time I'm in for service. My gut feel is that's just the way it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts