Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTSV Thunder Grey / 2010 SRX 2.8T
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a new to me 2010 SRX. I have noticed recently that there is a ticking/clicking/cycling noise that occurs at random intervals but fairly frequently. The noise reminds me of a hard drive or a purge valve making small adjustments. I have confirmed that the noise exists in Park or in any gear, while moving or while stationary. It also will occur with radio on or off, HVAC on or off.

I am aware that there is a hard drive as part of the entertainment system, but it doesn't seem that it should be making the noise all the time regardless of weather the system is on or off.

Has anyone else experienced this or had a similar concern repaired?

Thank you,

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
dafoo102 said:
Hello all, I have a new to me 2010 SRX. I have noticed recently that there is a ticking/clicking/cycling noise that occurs at random intervals but fairly frequently. The noise reminds me of a hard drive or a purge valve making small adjustments. I have confirmed that the noise exists in Park or in any gear, while moving or while stationary. It also will occur with radio on or off, HVAC on or off. I am aware that there is a hard drive as part of the entertainment system, but it doesn't seem that it should be making the noise all the time regardless of weather the system is on or off. Has anyone else experienced this or had a similar concern repaired? Thank you,
OMG. Same exact thing on my 2011 SRX 2.8T. I actually thought it was the hard drive since it has a 49gb HDD lol

·
Registered
2007 CTSV Thunder Grey / 2010 SRX 2.8T
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stevec5375,

Thank you for the links. I believe I have a similar concern to the one in the first link. I'll be having the dealer check for an update next time the vehicle is in. Also happy to hear it is likely the actuators as worst case I could replace them if they totally fail.

12,778 Posts
Hello all,

I see that some of you are unfortunately experiencing a noise concern with your vehicles. Additionally, we certainly want you to rest assured that your vehicle is operating as expected. I am more than happy to contact your dealership to provide an added layer of support on this situation. Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and the name of your involved dealer if this is of interest. Thank you for your time and have a great evening.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
SRX
3 Posts
This noise happened in my 2010 SRX for a long time and discovered that it is linked to the temperature control of the AC system. I found it by adjusting the temperature setting HI or LOW and it stopped. When the cabin came to temperature, the clicking noise started again. The dealer adjusted something under the hood.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition
19 Posts
I have a 2010 3.0 litre V6 SRX Luxury edition...I note a clicking and humming sound when I start the vehicle (you can barely hear it inside, but if you stand at the back, it is noticeable)
I think it MIGHT be the pump/valve assembly that operates the Haldex AWD rear differential unit...I got a 'service rear axle' warning but it eventually went away...
I never realized that the Haldex has it's own pump!!
I thought it might be the little hydraulic pump for the rear hatch...but that has a different sound.
When I'm sitting in the car...I can barely hear the 'buzzing/clicking' but to me, it sounds like a small pump pumping against a closed check valve or something like that...
That's my 2 cents worth...
Toronto SRX

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
I had the "clicking" sound in my GMC Envoy and it was a blend door actuator for the AC. The easy check is, when it is clicking, adjust the temperature and see if it goes away. If it does, the door is no longer trying to open or close to meet the temp. If that's the problem, it may be a bear to change. Some are, and some are not. My old Envoy was many hours of labor to repair so I "fixed" it by changing the interior temp. up or down. one degree. Hope this helps you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts