Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an 09. The service history is littered with road side service for battery's. 3 batteries since new. only 15,000 miles, so it sat around alot. The replaced 1st and 2nd gear synco's in the manual tranny. Shifts ok now. But get this, the drivers side floor mat is completely worn through. There is a 3" hole in the mat, right down to the carpeting. So I'm thinking the guy didn't know how to shift. Sounds like a clicking noise from the rear end. But there is 4 months left of warrenty, so that doesn't concern me too much.

Have you guys had tranny and battery problems with the 2009's?

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Battery problems are unusual for this car. They are occasionally reported but are by no means common.

Both the manual and automatic trannies are generally stout on this car. There are also occasional reports of synchros replaced, but again this is not a widespread problem.

As for the hole in the mat, the mat can be replaced with a Lloyd's Luxe mat with a V logo. A non-issue.

Clicking noise from the rear could be a diff, which IS a common issue on 09s. Luckily, the replacements seem to hold up.

As far as whether to buy that V....there are plenty of others out there, so don't wed yourself to this particular one.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
I did have a rare problem with the synchros in my manual tranny that my particular dealer could not figure out of fix. Their alibi was they had never worked on a manual before. GM treated me right and put in a new one. Works great. I'm told in general the tranny is bulletproof.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I'm going to pass on this car. It's not a well cared for car. It seems like one of these guys that never changes the oil, then dumps the car when the warrenty runs out.

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
the blur said:
Then I'm going to pass on this car. It's not a well cared for car. It seems like one of these guys that never changes the oil, then dumps the car when the warrenty runs out.
There are plenty out there floating around. Just do an advanced search on Auto Trader.. Right now is the best time to purchase a "V"! ;)

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
the blur said:
Probably best. Follow your gut. There are others out there.

12,778 Posts
The Blur, I'm sorry to see you pass on the V, but please feel free to contact me if you have any other vehicle questions while you browse for other options. I'm always happy to provide a build sheet and pass along existing warranty parameters for the vehicles you have your eye on. Please send me a private message anytime for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer is still calling me, every day. If he makes a price adjustment, I may buy. We'll see how he changes his tune when he sits on the car a few months.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
I'm looking at an 09. The service history is littered with road side service for battery's. 3 batteries since new. only 15,000 miles, so it sat around alot. The replaced 1st and 2nd gear synco's in the manual tranny. Shifts ok now. But get this, the drivers side floor mat is completely worn through. There is a 3" hole in the mat, right down to the carpeting. So I'm thinking the guy didn't know how to shift. Sounds like a clicking noise from the rear end. But there is 4 months left of warrenty, so that doesn't concern me too much.

Have you guys had tranny and battery problems with the 2009's?
I can see your concern about some of the issues, but the hole in the floor mat might have NOTHING to do with not knowing how to shift. I have size 15 feet - it is IMPOSSIBLE to depress the clutch without the sole of my shoe digging into the carpet, and i wear out floor mats every year or so.

Batteries are nothing to worry about, and replacing synchros in the transmission - same thing - if he grinded them, they're replaced now.

I could see your concern if the engine's been replaced twice already or something, but sounds like any regular CTS-V - plus you have 4 months of warranty, so if it's that concerning to you, you can call and get an extended warranty :)

That said, 09 Vs are a dime a dozen these days, so as was mentioned, if you're still uncomfortable, just pass :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts