Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are SV1 Forged SV-5 3-piece wheels with brushed metal spokes, polished rim, and polished center caps. I bought these during Wheel Executives' sale back in May. They were installed two weeks ago. I like them as I'm partial to five-spoke wheels.

I bought stock-sized 19's as I don't want to bend a set of 21s on Cleveland roads. They look awesome in person. Before any asks about drops, the recent experience with the D3 springs has put me off dropping my car until I read about people with 15-20k miles on the springs with no further trouble.

The tire (stock size PS2s) offers lots of rim protection with these wheels, look at how beefy the tires look in some of the oblique shots.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, the Cadillac center caps don't fit the new rims.

Front rim has 1 1/4 inches of rim. High offset limits rim size on our cars.

Rear rim has just under two inches of rim

·
Registered
13 6MN Vagon OBM
295 Posts
I love the look. Always been partial to clean, five-spoke designs on sleeper sedans. Love the understated look of your Radiant Silver, and bet it looks better longer, given some of your weather in Cleveland (I'm a native).

The PITA-to-clean factor has me thinking about a set for the V2, but so far they've been reasonably easy to keep clean. May do lower dust brake pads first. Plus, other mods are so (relatively) cheap on these cars, I'm having more fun buying/thinking about those!

Had three-piece Kinesis K58's on my M5, and before that had really narrow spoke forged Racing Dynamics 5-spokes on earlier BMWs.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment!

Always good to run into Clevelanders. Believe it or not, I actually like it here for the most part even though I've lived in better and warmer places and am not a native Clevelander.

I hear you on paying for cheaper go-mods first, that's what I did.

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Nice choice...Do consider that D3 has made great strides in their lowering springs. Offering up suspension rods and spring sleeves to thwart squeaks or other idiosyncracies tat may occur from a minor suspension change. I can say this. I've had mine on now for 8 months and several thousand miles with absolulety no issues.

IMHO and .0002 worth, these cars just don't look right jacked up like this. Lowered a bit and leveled off sets this car right.
It's your ride and if you like it, that's all that matters. Awesome wheels.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^
I agree on the mild 4 X 4 look. I wish that at least for the V series, Cadillac had programmed in a perfect wheel gap like BMW somehow manages. I'm aware of the whole D3 springs situation, but I want very, very long-term reports of stability and reliability before I put them on my car. :) They will go on eventually, just not now.

BTW, I am a big fan of your car. :thumbsup:

As an aside: My spare set of stock polished 19's with TPMS monitors will be for sale once I get them cleaned up. Will post appropriately when ready or when the Classifieds section is fixed.

·
Registered
05 Srx/09 Cts/10 Cts V
243 Posts
nice car....... but would rather have the stock 19 then those..... they just dont do it for me........... but its your car and glad you like them

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^
Thanks. It is a bit of a visual risk to put 5-spoked wheels on a car with as many angles as this one but it looks pretty good in person. I love the stock rims too....enough that I'll be wearing one of my two sets of them in the winter with SottoZeros, as I did last winter.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
95 Posts
Congrats on the SV1's. Had a set of SV1 SV55's on my 04 M3. They were incredible. I also want to go the D3 lowering route. I already have the springs, just waiting like yourself for the longterm feedback.

Car looks GREAT!

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
95 Posts
Also wanted to mention a caveat with the center caps for these wheels. Be sure and get them latched in tight. I lost 2 of these before I found a way to keep them affixed to the wheel. Notice that they sometimes don't sit "flush" with the wheel..

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tip. I checked the caps before I had the wheels installed, and also after the first 20 miles or so (as well as the lugs). You are correct, they don't sit flush with the wheel but mine seem pretty tight right now. Even so, will keep an eye out. No choice--the Cadillac V center caps are too small for these wheels, otherwise I'd use them instead.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Since D3 designed and added to the lowering spring kit suspension rods and spring sleeves, what we need now is feedback report on the new and improved spring kit. What say you?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^^^
That's what I'm waiting for. :)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumbsup: to great quality wheels.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My V Coupe with 3k miles and lowered on the D3's absolutely no issues. So go for it. The kit is reasonably priced at $450 plus ship. have had no issues and, there were no issues using them on my 09 V Sedan either. Make sure you install the entire lowering kit with the spring sleeves and suspension rods.

These cars looks so much better lowered. as far as wheel sizes go, the 19's just don't do it. The best size IMHO is 20". Using tires sizes of 255 front and 305 rear this really sets off the wheels right. Hey I'm just say'n.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts