7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater fan/blower isn't working.
Not even on high or low..the back seat isn't working either..help

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
346 Posts
This information is for a 2008 but I think it is the same. In the underhood fuse panel. 40 amp fuse labeled BLWR. Also check the relay labeled FRT BLWR by swapping it with another relay with the same number. The labels are on the underside of the cover. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 4.6L
698 Posts
More than likely the underhood fuse, but the ones under the backseat aren't difficult to access, either.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 4.6L
698 Posts
So you are getting zero airflow? You've tried running the climate control through every single setting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No air flow at all..tried running the dash vents.floor still nothing..low .med and high fan..nothing

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,101 Posts
Maybe it needs one of these:

Not sure where it is located but probably somewhere in the airflow, near the blower. I've never heard of one failing on these cars but that doesn't mean yours didn't.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did you also swap relays?

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
198 Posts
I bet it will either be your blower control module or the blower motor itself. Common failure items on GM vehicles, and others. Rarely is it a fuse or relay. Sometimes GM wiring harnesses will burn up at the control module and give the same symptom.

·
Registered
346 Posts
True Too Fast - but it is so easy to check fuses and relay under the hood and eliminate those possibilities. You do not even have to take out the back seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts