Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 STS
1 Posts
New to the board. Can't figure out how to post. I have a 2009 STS with 39000 miles and trans completely rust out and had to be replaced on my dime $7300.

I have a 2009 STS with 39000 miles. I just had to put a new transmission in the car because the spline in both the transmission and transfer case completely rusted and stripped. Cost me $7300.00 GM says sorry out of warranty because of the 5 years. This is a GM defect for sure.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,366 Posts
New to the board. Can't figure out how to post.
First, you look at the main forums page and find the correct forum for your car, system, engine, general question. Then you either start your own thread on the forum page by clicking - Post New Thread. Or you reply to this one (within a specific forum) by clicking - Reply to Thread.

You might want to set your forum preferences to "view latest posts/threads first". That way you first see the latest and greatest - not old, dead threads.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,061 Posts
If you drive around in the surf, stuff underneath is going to rust out.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS V8 AWD 1SG
111 Posts
7300 is a bit much don't you think when the trans its self can be bought for 3000 brand new. Are you telling me they charged you over 4 grand for labor? wow! sorry to hear that bra.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,061 Posts
I'll bet there is more to this story than meets the eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts