Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2008 STSV6 RWD
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone may be interested in this item on Ebay 180397393217. Have a feeling it will not last long!

·
Registered
2008 STS V6 DI, 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport
120 Posts
FYI

Pretty sure the 2008 STS and 2009 STS use the same Navigation System and same Software. My 2008 STS came with a set of Two (2) DVD Disks which were Ver 4.0. The most current software, version is 5.0 which also consists of a two disk set, which I have upgraded to. And many others on this forum, for reasons unknown to any of us, are still waiting for upgrades to Ver 5.0 that are on back order.

By the way, the only difference I can tell from Ver 4.0 to Ver 5.0 is the Ver 5.0 has a more current list of POIs.

So - buyer beware.

Regards to all,

Pete

·
Registered
2008 STS V6 DI, 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport
120 Posts
Hello,

Disk 1 covers eastern USA and Disk 2 covers western USA. Both disks overlap each other by one state east or west.

Pete

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
If you drive from OH to PA and use the NAV it will require you to swap disks.
I don't think this is so. Beginning with version 4.0 there are two disks. All map information is contained on both disks. The Eastern Seaboard states' POI's are not on the 'West' disk. POI's west of the Mississippi are not on the 'East' disk. Maybe later versions reduce the overlap.

When changing regions, you do need to change the Nav to look in your new region for it to find new destinations. Changing disks and/or Nav reprogramming also may require you to change your current region.

:cool:

·
Registered
2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV
198 Posts
I've found that my Garmin suction cup sticks nicely to the the General's nav screen. Touch and go on-the-fly and POI's everywhere.

·
Registered
2006 STS N* 1SE
2,399 Posts
I'm still very disappointed with the NAV's lack of current roadway information (a missing 18 mile stretch of 6 lane tollway that's been open for over two years), but I've had recent excellent experiences using the NAV system to just find POI's.

For me the difference comes down to ease of data entry. Entering a street address on the NAV is a horrid process compared to my TomTom experience. But the POI search process is relatively painless on the NAV. Just throw in a few letters of the name or even category, hit LIST, and I'm getting great results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts