Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 2009 Cadillac Escalade & I have no USB Port in the center console. I'm trying to find out how I can connect my Samasung Note 10+ to my Escalade so I can play music from it to my Escalade speaker's. I have every other option on my Escalade except the USB Port in the center console & the Aux cord plug in the front dashboard. Can anyone help me out & explain to me how I can do this please & thank u in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
this might work also for your year
People better look at the reviews for this unit because for any vehicle newer than 2006 there are a lot of problems with this unit.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
13 Posts
I don’t know if you have fixed your USB problem yet, but if not I say go big or go home. Just upgrade the factory head unit. After just a few days of driving my 2008 I got sick of the factory unit and swapped in a KENWOOD DNX695S. Best money spent ever. Not only did it give me a USB port, but also a modern Nav, Bluetooth, apps, and much more. So I can plug my phone into the USB port or use Bluetooth to stream music and use hands free calling.

·
Registered
Cadillac
814 Posts
I don’t know if you have fixed your USB problem yet, but if not I say go big or go home. Just upgrade the factory head unit. After just a few days of driving my 2008 I got sick of the factory unit and swapped in a KENWOOD DNX695S. Best money spent ever. Not only did it give me a USB port, but also a modern Nav, Bluetooth, apps, and much more. So I can plug my phone into the USB port or use Bluetooth to stream music and use hands free calling.
Did you install the new Kenwood in the upper location or the lower location? Do you remember what dash kit was used?

I have a 9904 Excelon unit in another car that I'm absolutely thrilled with. The versatility of these kenwoods and the ability to deep dive into the sound settings is awesome. Other brands come close, but the kenwood is the best.

I'd like to put an aftermarket system in the Escalade, however, I just don't drive it that much.

When I get involved in technology upgrades, I have a problem where I tend to go waaay overboard on everything. If I decided to replace the head unit, the next thing would be multiple amplifiers and a dozen speakers and a couple subwoofers

·
Registered
2013 Escalade esv Platinum AWD
15 Posts
I have an 09 too, i just tapped into the rear rca inputs on the rear entertainment on back of center console, use Aux on head unit. Use a 3.5 mm and plug directly to phone or bluetooth dongle. I am getting noise from bluetooth dongle the cig/usb 5v power adapter, anyone know of a clean 5v source for the bluetooth dongle?

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,278 Posts
ISIMPLE ISGM-RVD is the answer, make sure you ground the single black cable to the body or negative or you will have a very annoying hissing sound. You can take it further and get the BOSE audio adapter which converts Bluetooth to RCA. I have yet to see a nice enough radio to replace the factory radio, including the TESLA style unit which looses XM/Sirius radio.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i used an isimple - the audio for the BT phone is terrible going both ways. the system gets confused often. i agree, replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,278 Posts
I did it for $100 for everything and the results are awesome. I now have RCA audio/video inputs and a set of outputs. I ran the RCA's into the center armrest (pictured) for easy access in the future. I don't have to worry about electrical shorts from adapters (actually shorted my nav. unit under warranty in the past). I just hit the AUX tab and the magic happens. I also love when using the BOSE audio adapter that it says BOSE on my device list, gives it a OEM look.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts