Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So. I’ve been doing some research as to what my options are for upgrading my super basic (no navigation, no Bluetooth - AUX ONLY , no heated seats, etc.) factory radio, and I have a couple questions.

I’ve seen some that use the metra dash kit for a double din, but the tutorials say that it leaves the existing radio controls useless… which honestly kind of bothers me.

Then I’ve seen a 10.5” vertical Tesla style upgrade that completely eliminates the factory radio controls, but then goes as far as incorporating the climate controls into the module… which again kind of really bothers me.

So I guess I’m curious as to what sleek upgrades others have been able to achieve? I’m hoping to retain any factory controls that would be left visible after the installation (i.e. climate controls after the Tesla style; radio controls after the metra kit, etc.)… otherwise I’m not too picky

inspiration photos are greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CTS 2. Gen. - AT - 3.6 - 2WD - V6
91 Posts
Then I’ve seen a 10.5” vertical Tesla style upgrade that completely eliminates the factory radio controls, but then goes as far as incorporating the climate controls into the module… which again kind of really bothers me.
In the solution that I use, the original climate control switches are still available. You just have to change from the old to the new. Alternatively, you can also use the climate button on the display.

Product Link

IMG_4929.JPG

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac dts
58 Posts
Got a full alpine and Rockville system going on mine Tuesday. Subs, amp and cap are already running on a line out. Bought the metro kit and installing the w650 with all type r components. Should be loud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts