Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
Anyone having an issue with their AWD system when leaving parking lots or just when leaving from a stopped position with wheels turned almost fully do your wheels or at least one wheel spinning or slipping even with the slightest of acceleration?
Is this normal? :hmm:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS4 3.6 aut., 2008, thundergrey/casmere
46 Posts
My CTS4 does the same, but only a split second and the the warninglight dosn't show anything - think it is quite normal

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
When you have driving and steering on the same wheel, something's gotta give. That's part of the reason I don't want to go back to fwd.

·
Registered
1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Yes I've noticed it is very briefly, for a split second, with no warning light.
Now are any of you noticing that the system tends to bind up when turning while in Reverse?
Just like my 95 GMC Jimmy, when it is in 4 wheel drive mode, I notice while I'm backing out of my garage, again while turning the wheel, that I feel it may be binding requiring me to give it more gas than normal. When I drop the Jimmy out of 4 wheel drive, it feels like it releases. However I can't pull the CTS out of AWD to release it. Am I doing any damage?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4
376 Posts
This is my number one pet peeve with my CTS4. I have had many awd cars that have never had this symptom. My tires are always chirping and binding during tight turns....drives me nuts. Dealer says normal.

·
Registered
'09 CTS AWD previously, '18 CTS AWD
363 Posts
I've noticed this at low speeds, if I go slow enough (<15 mph) I can force a slide through a turn and it doesn't detect it.

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
I don't notice anything when backing out of my garage and making a "3/4 turn" in the morning. I only notice it happening when I am in reverse and make a tight "full lock" turn as when backing out of a tight parking lot space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts