Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I recently bought a second hand 2009 CTS4 and have really been enjoying it. One thing I wanted to ask tho, I see this car should be averaging about 11-12 litres per 100km but right now I’m sitting at 17.3 per 100km. Is this normal or should I be worried there is something wrong? Car seems to sound and run awesome and I know I’ve been having a bit of fun with it (I have a heavy foot) but this last week I’ve been driving like a little old man to see if I could get the economy up but it hasn’t made a difference. I’m getting about 420km a tank was hoping for close to 500. Any thoughts or is this normal for an awd car? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
686 Posts
IIRC all CTS4 have 3.23 ratio. 17.3l/100km is 13.6mpg which is very poor indeed, it is rated at 17 city / 26 highway, which in metric speak would be 13.8l/100km city / 9l/100km highway. Commonly mixed driving yields as you stated, 11-12l/100km.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4, 2011 CTS4
12 Posts
I had a 2008 CTS4 for over three years and recorded and tankful of gas for that time period using an app on my phone. The average MPG over all that time was 18.37mpg.
I now have a 2011 CTS4 since November, so for about four months now and the MPG on this car so far is 17.26.

I use the FillUp app on android to track this information

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Without knowing the rear differential ratios you're comparing apples to oranges between the cars, although I believe they're the same across the board for the CTS4 which would leave the wheel and tire option as a variable for economy along with seasonal changes and station to station variance in fuel mix.

On a side bar, I believe the extent to which ads have taken over the net, partly because of their intrusive, in your face and disruptive application, books and magazines will always be a welcome alternative. I know they're a part of the racket now, but it would be nice if my screen didn't jump every couple of seconds with the ad change. At least my cursor is staying put and I haven't had a double post in a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 08 CTS4 is getting 17mpg in town and our last road trip it actually got 22 mpg. I was pleasantly surprised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts