Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6di LLT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk will not open on my 2009 Cadillac CTS. Push the trunk button in the car and it actuates but doesn’t open, I push the button on the trunk to lift it open same thing is makes the sound of it actuating but will not open, also went in through back seats and tried the emergency trunk release and pushed up on the trunk still will not open. Help please!!!

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,622 Posts
there are several you tube vid on this...give them a try?

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 & 2022 CT5-V (ordered)
3,624 Posts
I suspect you have the heinous issue of the broken wire at the hinge. The click you are hearing isn't an actuator but a relay and there's no power getting to the latch itself.

The only thing that causes me to doubt that diagnosis is the fact that the emergency release isn't working either. Another CF member had that problem and I do not recall how they resolved it.

Do you have the ski pass-through or the fold-down seats?

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6di LLT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I h
I suspect you have the heinous issue of the broken wire at the hinge. The click you are hearing isn't an actuator but a relay and there's no power getting to the latch itself.

The only thing that causes me to doubt that diagnosis is the fact that the emergency release isn't working either. Another CF member had that problem and I do not recall how they resolved it.

Do you have the ski pass-through or the fold-down seats?
ave the fold down back seat’s
I tried the emergency release and it still didn’t want to open.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 & 2022 CT5-V (ordered)
3,624 Posts
Yes I h

ave the fold down back seat’s
I tried the emergency release and it still didn’t want to open.
I got that.

But at least you can crawl in and try to manipulate the latch to get it to open.

I had my wires to the latch fail but at least the emergency release worked and allowed me to open it so I could do the repair.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6di LLT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured it out
Took me and my pops but I pulled the emergency release and he pushed the button on the trunk and pushed down on the trunk and it released.
I found what looked like a broken piece of a plastic retainer clip in the trunk. I think I got lodged in the mechanism so it jammed it from being opened. Now it opens without a problem.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
18,817 Posts
Personally would have replaced the rear seat with a flat platform some time ago except do not want to air condition the trunk. No way an adult can sit there.
I have given this a lot of thought pertaining to my ATS-V. Then something happens and I take my neighbor to dinner or somewhere and I remove that thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts