Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I have a 2009 cadillac cts with the normal radio (does not pop up) but i also have the dash and radio from a 2010 cadillac stx (with a pop-up screen) I wanted to know if they are interchangeable???!!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,388 Posts
Good morning and Welcome Aboard !!!

I changed your thread title to be a bit more descriptive of your particular problem - we ALL "Need help".

Cadillac radios (head units) are part of the vehicle TheftLock, serial data, and security systems. It takes jumping through hoops, special wiring harnesses, and connectors to successfully swap between models/years.

Talk to the guys at Crutchfield.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
1,592 Posts
So basically I have a 2009 cadillac cts with the normal radio (does not pop up) but i also have the dash and radio from a 2010 cadillac stx (with a pop-up screen) I wanted to know if they are interchangeable???!!
As Submariner points out, this can be done. That being said, it's major surgery and requires a lot of research. Fortunately, a few have done it and their experiences can be found by searching this site. An option is installing an android-based, Tesla-style large touchscreen (link: Cadillac CTS 2008 - 2013 10.4).

Welcome and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts