Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 DI
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 CTS and unfortunately it will be my last Cadillac. Today I am at a dealership in Ashburn GA as yesterday the check engine light came on with less power. This car has been in shop too many time. At 77 I need a more reliable car.

William

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,149 Posts
Good bye.

·
Registered
3.6 rwd premium2009 cts
670 Posts
stuff happens so what,this car gives a lot of value for money and it has character unlike the jdm cars,sure it got some issues but its a damn good car especially the 3.6 fe3 version.

·
Registered
Sold my 2009 CTS4 and my 2004 CTS
121 Posts
I have a 2009 CTS and unfortunately it will be my last Cadillac... William
I have to agree. It's been a love/hate relationship. But the 3.6L oil burning and timing chain was bad, but GM's lack of responsibility and the GM dealers.... not good.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Luxury 3.0 AWD Red
34 Posts
I hope you have better luck with your next car William. I'm not 77 yet, but I really do understand that relaibility becomes more important with each decade, at least it does for me

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 DI
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. It was a terrible. Since I did not bring extra heart medication, I had to rent a car a drive home last night with my wife, who also required meds. Had to drive 325 miles. When and if they fix the car, I have to drive back (650 Mile round trip). Looking at a very large repair bill and rental bill.
This car has only 85000 miles. Not satisfactory for me. Cadillac has a large list of past repairs.
I love the car, but we need a divorce.

----------

Hey Tinman, nothing personnel, but have a great day yourself.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,149 Posts
Be nice, can not you feel his frustration
You're right, I do apologize. I was a little hasty and should not have said that.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 DI
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understand. Thanx.

----------

Hi again, I just got off the phone and the dealer said he read Codes 0086 and 0089 and have determine it if the pressuer pump that has faied, No part, will order. Car may be ready on Wed.
Anyone else had this problem? 2009, V6 DI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts