Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-V
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i need help finding the oem ipod cable for the CTS, the white one that comes with the car, i bought the one gm sells it doesnt work. Is there any other cable that works too other than the old oem cable.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Welcome to the forums.
Here's a link from previous discussions on said topic.
May or may not be a valid lead.

Also another discussion which alludes that bluetooth is disabled on export cars.

Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-V
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums.
Here's a link from previous discussions on said topic.
May or may not be a valid lead.

Also another discussion which alludes that bluetooth is disabled on export cars.

Thanks, i couldnt find this cable anywhere and the new one is useless obviously. If anyone has this cable I鈥檓 willing to buy it.

Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
Found one on ebay: MP3 Player Cable ACDelco GM Original Equipment 25908035 fits 08-15 Cadillac CTS for sale online | eBay

The worse thing about this cable - apart from it being desperately unavailable these days - is that GM sometimes did not include these with the car. My '09 had one. Because I knew that getting these was hit and miss, I retrieved it from the car after the accident that wrote it off. My replacement '10 did not come with one. I would have raised it with the dealership but I didn't have to.It still works well connecting my 160 GB gen 6 ipod to the aux. Old tech for sure but it works.

Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-V
Discussion Starter #5
Found one on ebay: MP3 Player Cable ACDelco GM Original Equipment 25908035 fits 08-15 Cadillac CTS for sale online | eBay

The worse thing about this cable - apart from it being desperately unavailable these days - is that GM sometimes did not include these with the car. My '09 had one. Because I knew that getting these was hit and miss, I retrieved it from the car after the accident that wrote it off. My replacement '10 did not come with one. I would have raised it with the dealership but I didn't have to.It still works well connecting my 160 GB gen 6 ipod to the aux. Old tech for sure but it works.
This one doesnt work with iphone 5 and above
Thanks tho

Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
Unfortunately, this new cable doesn鈥檛 work I dont know whats the point
It seems that the advice you are getting is buy a GM-branded part and buy an Apple-branded adapter so that your devices will connect. Both seem to exist in the marketplace but there does not appear to be a GM-branded all-in-one part unless I am unaware. The CTS was introduced in 2008 and the lightning cable port was introduced by Apple in late 2012. Now, everything is all Apple Carplay so there's not a lot of support for cables.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts