Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i know there are other pages on this and i just wanted to start a new updated topic on it, please if you can suggest tune upgrades for a 2009 3.6. Name of tune, price, and if you or anyone you know have any experience with that certain product.thanks any and all responses are appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
FWIW, I would call KPE and speak to them about your 2009 3.6. I believe the fellow's name is Andy. The reasons for suggesting you call them is that Andy to my way of thinking seems like a pretty straight shooter and KPE offers a money back guarantee if not satisfied with their tune.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
newcadman said:
FWIW, I would call KPE and speak to them about your 2009 3.6. I believe the fellow's name is Andy. The reasons for suggesting you call them is that Andy to my way of thinking seems like a pretty straight shooter and KPE offers a money back guarantee if not satisfied with their tune.
another question what mods with with tunes ?

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
another question what mods with with tunes ?
The consensus of opinion from the guys that contribute to this performance section for the CTS would appear to be don't waste your $$ on an exhaust or CAI upgrade because you'll experience very little performance gain especially when you consider the $$ you'd be spending.

The best performance mod is very definitely the tune on these cars

As well, with your CTS being an 09 you might want to look into the spacer/ insulator gasket to help keep the intake manifold cooler which results in a more power.

Maybe another member can comment on this mod and direct you to the company that makes this mod.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
newcadman said:
The consensus of opinion from the guys that contribute to this performance section for the CTS would appear to be don't waste your $$ on an exhaust or CAI upgrade because you'll experience very little performance gain especially when you consider the $$ you'd be spending. The best performance mod is very definitely the tune on these cars As well, with your CTS being an 09 you might want to look into the spacer/ insulator gasket to help keep the intake manifold cooler which results in a more power. Maybe another member can comment on this mod and direct you to the company that makes this mod. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.
have you heard of any good tune company's ?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,167 Posts
Spacer is Iceolater I believe.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,239 Posts
Has anyone tried any DIY tuners such as HP Tuners? Does it work with a 2009 well? I see the 3.6 CTS listed on their site as a supported vehicle. Considering buying it for another vehicle I own too.

Rodney

·
Registered
2014 CTS COUPE Performance W/Navi
212 Posts
My 3.6 was the baseline for diablosport. They built the tune off my car on day 1.. 15 hp gain fixed the leggy transmission shift and advanced the timing a bit so that the car doesnt choke and knock so badly.. Just my .02 but i love the get up and go i got afterwards! Hit up mike at diablo.. He is also active here...

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,731 Posts
aye do i need a module or nah because bout to get a kpe tune but not the module because I'm dangerous.
Are you a rapper, I'm reading between the lines.
This is a pretty old thread, I'd say do a little more research and compare the options available for tuning first. Check out the Camaro forums also, they're working with the same platform and are usually more avidly involved in seeking out performance enhancements.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you a rapper, I'm reading between the lines.
This is a pretty old thread, I'd say do a little more research and compare the options available for tuning first. Check out the Camaro forums also, they're working with the same platform and are usually more avidly involved in seeking out performance enhancements.
no im not a rapper i really didnt think anyone would reply. im just trying to go fast.
any tunes that are relevant in 2021?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,167 Posts
Will at Overkill. He takes forever to respond to your inquiry.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Honestly, no. These cars have very few 'go-fast' options. Like Joseph Upton, get on the Camaro forums. They have basically the same drivetrain as the CTS, other than the V8 of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honestly, no. These cars have very few 'go-fast' options. Like Joseph Upton, get on the Camaro forums. They have basically the same drivetrain as the CTS, other than the V8 of course.
Thank you for replying in such a fast time frame (5 years)

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
This has been a topic since 2008,lol. There is nothing 'quick and dirty' for better performance. Some guys have cat back exhaust, some have K&N air filters. They are flat out not worth the money on this platform.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,443 Posts
Thank you for replying in such a fast time frame (5 years)
Tinman replied in less than a day, that IS a fast response and was less than 5 years. Had you joined 5 years ago, you would have known that as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts