Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I was hoping for this also.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
My 2001 z06 corvette didn't come with HUD so I had it installed after the purchase.

Its a nice feature but not something that would be a deal killer on the purchase of a new cTS.

Why it isn't an option I don't know.

good question.

JB

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
As much as I like the new CTS there are indeed a couple of features missing that I believe are ought to be in this class of a car already. No HUD, indeed. No engine start button. Bluetooth support questionable. No electric rear shade. No steering rack mounted tiptronic shifting. Etc, etc. Not that these are mandatory, but I kinda feel it's not entirely up to date with the current vogue in the industry. Heck, the new Euro Ford Mondeo which is not a luxury car comes with 3-level adjustable suspension! And the CTS is amongst those cars that GM positions for their Euro Assault (hence future CTS wagon). You got no diesel (which I personally don't care), no cloth/leather combi interior (which I'd prefer to too much leather all around), no enhanced sport seats, and a minimal set of wheels to choose from.

It still is a very nice car which I will probably buy because it's different from all those ubiquitous propeller or star badged status vaults on the road, and it seems to be top value together with the G35. But I'm afraid for many it will be kind of backwards notwithstanding great looks, handling and that fancy leatherette stitching on the dash (above the cheap looking analog clock...).

Hope they will generously update it for the MCE-2010 when the STS is no more, then if I like the car I might switch to an updated CTS coupe with magnetic ride and heated steering wheel :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts