Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 sts
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to add nav system to my car, I went to the dealer and I asked my advisor about it and he gave an estimate of 5.000 !!!!! he said because what is involve in the process, re-wiring the all car because it does not come pre-wire for nav system, new console and the actual nav system, is this correct? I was thinking purchase the new nav and plug in it but with 5.000 I sale my car and get another with nav!!! any subjections? and also the factory nav come with bluetooth

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
21 Posts
There's a great thread on Nav retro-fit. It's easiest when the supplier of the Nav includes the connectors by cutting the harness of the donor car. Then it's essentially plug & play but you will require a dealer to reset the theft lock.

You should do a search on the forum and you'll find the thread that tells you everything you need. IMHO, you'll be happier just trading for an STS equipped the way you want.

·
Registered
2008 sts
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that would be nice but i just had mine and i think i have to stick with this for a little wile, LOL

There's a great thread on Nav retro-fit. It's easiest when the supplier of the Nav includes the connectors by cutting the harness of the donor car. Then it's essentially plug & play but you will require a dealer to reset the theft lock.

You should do a search on the forum and you'll find the thread that tells you everything you need. IMHO, you'll be happier just trading for an STS equipped the way you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts