Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member. I have a 2008 Cadillac STS V6. I'm not an expert on after market modifications, and I was wondering if I put a magna flow or Gibson exhaust on my car, would it sound like a foreign sports car, or could I get it to sound like the sts V series with a magna flow or Gibson exhaust? I don't want to spend my money and it sounds like a Honda accord. Any answer would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,757 Posts
It depends on if you like drone or not. Magnaflow and Borla offer built-in drone for free, but it's a taste thing.

Corsa offers a nice system for your car. Authoritative when you punch it, and mellow at cruising speed-with NO DRONE. PN: 14157. corsaperformance.com

CC

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
2 Posts
The V6 is going to sound like a loud V6. I recommend against altering STS V6 exhaust, but then, the V6 isn't my choice of STS, either.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
kburnley22 said:
Hi, I'm a new member. I have a 2008 Cadillac STS V6. I'm not an expert on after market modifications, and I was wondering if I put a magna flow or Gibson exhaust on my car, would it sound like a foreign sports car, or could I get it to sound like the sts V series with a magna flow or Gibson exhaust? I don't want to spend my money and it sounds like a Honda accord. Any answer would help. Thanks!
Want it to sound like a V here's an idea....buy a V...

You have the lowest engine on the STS engine list. If power and performance are your goals you bought the wrong engine.

If your goal is to be like every Civic with a fart cannon then by all means go for it but your 2 cylinders and about 200 hp shy of a V.

Also please don't compound it by putting V badges on.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
In 2008 there were 3 engines available for the STS.

3.6 DI
4.6 N*
And
4.4 LC3 supercharged (only available on V models).

He has the LOWEST engine in terms of horsepower and torque (as well as reliability if we want to continue).

·
Registered
2008 STS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I went and talked to the a guy at the muffler shop, and he told me its no way that he can get it to sound live the V series. Its cool. Thanks for the advice though.

----------

I just wanted it to have a little rumble noise thats all. Im not trying to turn it into a V. If I wanted a V, I could have bought one at that time. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
kburnley22 said:
Yeah I went and talked to the a guy at the muffler shop, and he told me its no way that he can get it to sound live the V series. Its cool. Thanks for the advice though. ---------- I just wanted it to have a little rumble noise thats all. Im not trying to turn it into a V. If I wanted a V, I could have bought one at that time. Thanks for the reply though.
GM build a performance accessory system for the V6. Was $1200 I believe. Borla made it. Could always go that route. Personally I would of spent the extra $1200 and got a northstar at least.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,371 Posts
Want it to sound like a V here's an idea....buy a V...

You have the lowest engine on the STS engine list. If power and performance are your goals you bought the wrong engine.

If your goal is to be like every Civic with a fart cannon then by all means go for it but your 2 cylinders and about 200 hp shy of a V.

Also please don't compound it by putting V badges on.
I respect your opinion on this forums but this isn't one of them. What does having the lowest engine have to do with anything. The guy doesn't want the performance boost, he just wants the car to sound aggressive.

BTT: try the magnaflow, corsa or borla (they'll tell you they don't make it for the v6 model anymore). Best bet will be the corsa (amazon should have it for around 900-1k) touring or performance (sts-v)

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Mullah88 said:
I respect your opinion on this forums but this isn't one of them. What does having the lowest engine have to do with anything. The guy doesn't want the performance boost, he just wants the car to sound aggressive. BTT: try the magnaflow, corsa or borla (they'll tell you they don't make it for the v6 model anymore). Best bet will be the corsa (amazon should have it for around 900-1k) touring or performance (sts-v)
No offense taken. My point is he's 2 cyls short of ever having his car "sound" like a V series. Unless he's going after the ATSV sound then it's 2 turbos he's lacking.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,012 Posts
Well being 2 cyl short maybe there is enough room in the engine bay to add a twin turbo setup.... :)

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
223 Posts
No offense taken. My point is he's 2 cyls short of ever having his car "sound" like a V series. Unless he's going after the ATSV sound then it's 2 turbos he's lacking.
Well being 2 cyl short maybe there is enough room in the engine bay to add a twin turbo setup.... :)
When I bought the car I was thinking about putting the twin turbo setup in from ATS-V.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,012 Posts
Lots of people have talked about turbocharging the STS V6 but to my knowledge nobody ever has. Good luck if you try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts