Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac STS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accelerator seems to disengage when turning sometimes. The traction control displays when coming out of a turn and my accelerator doesn’t respond I press it. If I am making a left turn the car will hesitate coming out of the turn leaving my rear passenger side exposed to oncoming traffic….It happens in all weather conditions. I took it to the dealership and they cant find a code nor can they reproduce the problem. Contacted the Cadillac folks and they don’t have this issue reported in their system. Has anyone out there experienced this type of problem? Any ideas of what this could be? Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,986 Posts
When traction control engages it reduces engie power and applies braking to the wheel/wheels that have lost traction. Your car is improperly sensing a loss of traction in a turn and doing its thing to control it. Look for mismatched tire sizes, bad wheel speed sensors, or an electronics failure. For a work around, roll the turns at speed like NASCAR drivers do rather than try to accelerate in the turn.

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 Sport V8 Magride
303 Posts
This has been an issue since the STS's inception. It was noted in at least one early review of the 05 model. I cited it a few months ago when someone posted of the same issue.
Mine does this too, and I now habitually turn TC off before making a U-turn.
If you have had the car for a while and the issue has appreciably worsened, Koz's advice is spot on. My first bet in that case would be wheel speed sensor degradation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts