Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX V8 black ('69 gto conv)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find the wire diagram - does anyone know the color of the positive/negative video wire going to the armrest screen? I'm hoping to tap in behind the nav.

Thank you!

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
My schematic shows ground as black (always in DC) and purple to screen. There are also audio wires in the same harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'm not sure it will help, but I can't see the schematic. And to be more trouble, do you know where I could find a lead near the radio for reverse (+ or -) and an acc lead?

Thank you- should be all of my questions, I installed a back-up camera, nav-tv override and iPhone w Bluetooth kit today, but am short 3 leads to finish...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Right. I tried to post a link to the schematic which obviously didn't work. I'm an idiot with that sort of thing. I wish someone would show me how to do it.
What do you mean 'reverse+ or-' ?
Do you want batt+ for an acc lead?
If all else fails see if your dealer service mgr. will let you look at their manual. Mine will!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a batt + for an acc behind the temp controls. For the backup camera I'm looking for any indicator for reverse, positive or negative, doesn't matter. I appreciate the link attempt!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
OK if you mean an indicator that you have shifted into reverse? Can you get to the back-up light circuit? Meanwhile I'll see what I can find.

From the shift lever, there is a 10 pin connector, 9 wires. Yellow is back-up lamp control which should be batt+ when shifted into reverse. For future reference, black or black/white stripe is normally ground.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The yellow sounds like what I need, but no dice. Provides constant ground. Still looking... Thank you again!

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
978 Posts
Right. I tried to post a link to the schematic which obviously didn't work. I'm an idiot with that sort of thing. I wish someone would show me how to do it.
What do you mean 'reverse+ or-' ?
Do you want batt+ for an acc lead?
If all else fails see if your dealer service mgr. will let you look at their manual. Mine will!
I'm guessing the reason the link doesn't work is because it resides on your computer rather than on a file hosting site.
Can you print the schematic to a PDF file? Then use the Cadillac forum to post the pdf file. Or try saving it as a jpg then use the forum to post the jpg.

Another option the OP may look into is the public library. Mine subscribes to a service that lets me log on using my library number and look at tsb's and wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reverse indicator power can be found under the steering column, on the reverse side of the plastic footwell cover. the wire is located in the pink connector, green wire.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Thanks n7, but as I said, I'm an idiot with computer stuff. I'd uv thunk when they designed computers you could click a couple times and get what you wanted. Just tried to (save) but didn't work. Don't seem to know how to create PDF file either, per windows instructions. If you would PM me with a short tutorial, would really appreciate it. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts