Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I got a friend at a Caddy dealership that has a CTS waiting to be exported... so he gave me a little exclusive look. It's clearly the Euro model from the taillamps and it's intended destination; enjoy...

PS: My only question is, is that crossbar over the motor gonna be on the US model too? I don't know if I've seen it in pics except that "CTS-V" spyshot before.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, Other: 2005 GMC Crew Cab Dually
464 Posts
The tow hook is interesting. The clear tails don't do it for me on the black car. They would look good on a silver one though.

The STB on the Euro is the same we seen on the Canadian Model on Friday.

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the two hook is because it's being ready to be shipped overseas... I thought it was like something wrong with it at first haha, didnt know thats where they hide those things.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
The turn signals on the front fenders should have been incorporated into the fender vents. Having both on there makes the design too busy in my opinion (GM did the same on the refreshened STS design).

I'm also not a fan of the clear Altezza style tails Cadillac puts on it's export cars (it too must be to meet some kind of foreign regulation). But if they need to make those clear, the CHMSL and lower fog/reflectors should be clear also to clean things up.

Other than those few middling complaints, the car looks beautiful. Once again, I think this is a car that belongs in black (even moreso wth all the chrome accents on the 2008).

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Hey all,

I got a friend at a Caddy dealership that has a CTS waiting to be exported... so he gave me a little exclusive look. It's clearly the Euro model from the taillamps and it's intended destination; enjoy...

PS: My only question is, is that crossbar over the motor gonna be on the US model too? I don't know if I've seen it in pics except that "CTS-V" spyshot before.
Yes, the crossbar is on the US models also.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2015 SRX4 Luxury
621 Posts
I love the tails and interior! I always wondered what those plugs in the bumpers were for!! LOL Great pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the tail lights could grow on ya... i dont think they're that bad in person, but i dont think for 08 we'll have the option stateside to pick those up anyway.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
That 3.6 badge looks very Nissan. I would immediately rip that off if I ever got an '08.

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Asking price will be (in dollars)?
The sticker on it said "FOR EXPORT ONLY" in big bold caps letters, so no price was listed. However, from the trim and all, I would say its almost fully loaded except for AWD and maybe minor things. So, it would be comparable to a $43k model in the US probably, but of course it won't be a direct dollar to euro conversion... GM may take off some margin to sell them or may beef up the price when they go on sale in Europe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did it have a wood steering wheel? It appears to have the B20 option because the photos show the wood shift knob.

·
Registered
Cadillac
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did it have a wood steering wheel? It appears to have the B20 option because the photos show the wood shift knob.
I think it did, yes. Don't remember for sure though, just remember the wheel and the buttons felt real good I thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts