Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m Steve and new to this forum. Any help greatly appreciated. My 08 Escalade won’t start suddenly. Just drove it this morning and parked it. When I tried to start later it will not turnover no click nothing. The lights come on in the dash but the radio or windows don’t work but the blower fan does. I do see the padlock symbol on when I turn the key. I’ve never seen that before. My battery seems to be good and I put a charger on it to 100%. Any ideas ? Is
it the anti theft?

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,132 Posts
Re: 2008 Escalade suddenly wont start or turnover and window won’t roll up

Have you tried disconnecting the (negative) battery cable for about 5 minutes and reconnected? Sometimes this will fix quirky things with these vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I disconnected the battery overnight no change.
I left the key in the run position for a few minutes and the interior lights came on and it started dinging like normal. I cranked the car and it started. They keyfob then worked like normal. I drove it down the block but the the radio started going in and out and the speedo tac start going screwy. I get home turn off the car and it won’t start again and keyfob doesn’t work again. If this is a anti theft issue what can I replace? Also when I turn the key to the run position the padlock symbol does come on but goes out after a about 30 seconds. Again any assistance appreciated. Thank you for your responses...

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,279 Posts
If all fails, than inspect the undercarriage to see if all the wires are connected properly. I usually give my mechanic friend a few dollars to put my truck on the life so I can check myself.

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
:welcome:

You might try (replacing) the negative cable from the battery.
Many issues associated with the failure of this part.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,132 Posts
:welcome:

You might try (replacing) the negative cable from the battery.
Many issues associated with the failure of this part.
Checking the cables would be my next step.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG this is turning into a nightmare!! So far I have replaced the alternator, battery, engine ground strap, negative battery cable. After each time I’m done replacing the truck will start but after driving a few blocks the gauges get screwy and when I shut off it will not restart. I then said screw it and brought to Chevy dealer and they said it will be $140 to diagnose. They called back and said 2 modules are not communicating and they need more time to asses. I said ok and he said it won’t be more than $500 to find the issue. He thinks it’s in the engine wiring harness??? Now I get no phone call back or anything. I said maybe it’s ignition switch. He then said oh yeah we replaced that. Still won’t start. I drove the vehicle there now I feel like I’m going to have to tow it somewhere else because they can’t even diagnose and I’m in the hole $500 maybe more and truck doesn’t run and I drove it there..don’t know what to do. This sucks

·
Registered
22 Posts
No one trades these in because they are the best running most reliable rigs out there. Sorry to hear your bad luck. If you dont just trade it in, let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OMG this is turning into a nightmare!! So far I have replaced the alternator, battery, engine ground strap, negative battery cable. After each time I’m done replacing the truck will start but after driving a few blocks the gauges get screwy and when I shut off it will not restart. I then said screw it and brought to Chevy dealer and they said it will be $140 to diagnose. They called back and said 2 modules are not communicating and they need more time to asses. I said ok and he said it won’t be more than $500 to find the issue. He thinks it’s in the engine wiring harness??? Now I get no phone call back or anything. I said maybe it’s ignition switch. He then said oh yeah we replaced that. Still won’t start. I drove the vehicle there now I feel like I’m going to have to tow it somewhere else because they can’t even diagnose and I’m in the hole $500 maybe more and truck doesn’t run and I drove it there..don’t know what to do. This sucks
hello sir,I’m having exact same prom ken,did you ever find out what issue was?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts