Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The audio button has come loose on the right side of the button. The button has not yet come completely loose. See picture. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what is the repair? I am reluctant to try and pry the loose button off only to find that I am unable to reattach it with adhesive and maintain its function.

·
Registered
Cadillac
929 Posts
May as well call your insurance co and have the truck totaled. The radio repair companies charge a fortune for Nav stack repairs and it hardly matters what the issue may be.

Does the button depress just fine? If so, the plastic keeper portion of the button behind the bezel is chafed or partially broken.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The button still functions. Im worried it will eventually fall off, get lost ( car wash) and then im looking for a used radio / NAV unit. And Im not keen on prying the button off now because I'm not sure how i will reattach it and keep it working.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
587 Posts
I could swear I saw a button kit on Ebay one time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The audio button has come loose on the right side of the button. The button has not yet come completely loose. See picture. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what is the repair? I am reluctant to try and pry the loose button off only to find that I am unable to reattach it with adhesive and maintain its function.

View attachment 579058
Hi do you ever find the button ?, I’m missing one of my Escalade 2008 wander where can I find a replacement I have searched everywhere

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my button has never fully come loose yet, but it will. When it does i will contact a company that refurbishes the factory cadillac Radios. They should have plenty of spare parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts