Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, need some insight on how to remove my headlights. Im in the process of installing my new 8000k HID bulbs and LED's. The links for Joeys threads are not working or have been removed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
The task is very simple. I changed mine in about 15 minutes, without removing the headlights. pass side was the easiest, just pop out the airbox, driver side has the washer fluid in the way but I removed one bolt I think and tilted the fluid box back...

But I would also like to know how to remove the headlights too.

Are you sure you want to go 8000K? I went 5500-6000K and the color is blueish purple, with a little less lumens on the road but with 8000K youll really lose a lot more light.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Italiano!
Unfortunately, I got your message too late. I took out the entire headlamp housing. I learned alot though. So just a quick summary for those removing the headlight assembly for 2007-2009 Escalade. There are three 10mm Bolts that hold the assembly. The two that are on top are easy. The third is located underneath which is located behind the wheelwell. BUT you MUST remove all the the grille snaps. Also, you must remove two 10mm bolts behind the wheelwell to remove the headlight housing. The reason for all the other bolt/snaps removal is to make sure you don't scratch the bumper or grille when removing it.

If anyone needs detailed instructions, please PM me. I was quite frustrated at first, but its actually very simple after you know which bolts to remove. Here is some info that I followed that is somewhat similar. There are differences. [looks like I can't post links because of my new-ness to the forums]

Also, I originally ordered the 10,000K HID Bulbs from Omnix but they were out so I got the 8,000K. They are quite dim. I complemented them with the 2,500K Fog bulbs from Nokya. I think they look great. I also put LED 198 for the parking bulb. hmmm... I'm thinking maybe I need to order a 55W HID kit. I'm not fond of the Projector type HID in the Escalade.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
Thanks Italiano!
Unfortunately, I got your message too late. I took out the entire headlamp housing. I learned alot though. So just a quick summary for those removing the headlight assembly for 2007-2009 Escalade. There are three 10mm Bolts that hold the assembly. The two that are on top are easy. The third is located underneath which is located behind the wheelwell. BUT you MUST remove all the the grille snaps. Also, you must remove two 10mm bolts behind the wheelwell to remove the headlight housing. The reason for all the other bolt/snaps removal is to make sure you don't scratch the bumper or grille when removing it.

If anyone needs detailed instructions, please PM me. I was quite frustrated at first, but its actually very simple after you know which bolts to remove. Here is some info that I followed that is somewhat similar. There are differences. [looks like I can't post links because of my new-ness to the forums]

Also, I originally ordered the 10,000K HID Bulbs from Omnix but they were out so I got the 8,000K. They are quite dim. I complemented them with the 2,500K Fog bulbs from Nokya. I think they look great. I also put LED 198 for the parking bulb. hmmm... I'm thinking maybe I need to order a 55W HID kit. I'm not fond of the Projector type HID in the Escalade.
Nice Work!!! Looks good!!! I too would like to upgrade the 35W stock system to a 55W. I will say that the 3000K 55W HID Fogs I used really light up the road ahead and off the side more. It really helps, especially in dark rainy nights!

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm going to copy you Italiano! I have a pair of HID Ballast and going to order my 3000K bulbs to replace my halogen nokya fog bulbs. I think I'll get it from OmniX again. They seem to have great bulbs. Italiano, can you post pics of your fogs?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I loved the look of the 8000k bulbs, but could not live with all the light lost for the roads I drive on.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
225 Posts
I think I'm going to copy you Italiano! I have a pair of HID Ballast and going to order my 3000K bulbs to replace my halogen nokya fog bulbs. I think I'll get it from OmniX again. They seem to have great bulbs. Italiano, can you post pics of your fogs?
Thanks!
I posted a few pics to get the idea. It was hard to get good pics from my cheapy Kodak...My SLR broke a few days ago...Truck is a little dirty, hard to keep clean when its snowing every other day!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Escalade EXT
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man, that is TIGHT! I have HID Envy on your fogs. Your LED are crazy too. I used a single blue-ish LED but its a little dim. You can barely tell its on. Thanks Italiano for the pics!

·
Registered
escalade
1 Posts
Hi there. I'm from the UK and I would love to know how you actually removed your headlights from you Escalade. There ain't many Escalades in the UK so information on these vehicles are non existent. Please get back to me with detailed instructions if possible.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
79 Posts
Guys,

All you have to do to remove the head lights to get the LED's in the parking lights and DRL's is to remove the two screws holding the top of the lights in. Then, pull forward. I pulled hard, you have to tuck it back in, but it comes out pretty far. Don't worry! DO it!
I have huge hands and I was able to change mine out in a parking lot 30 minutes before my kids got out of school. They look awesome. The LED's pictured above are TOWER 2 leds, I put tower 3 LED's in my parking lights. Really bright, makes a TON of difference! Now I need to buy the 5202 LEDs for the DRL.....

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac EXT
200 Posts
do you have a link to the parking led you bought?

I attempted to change my DRL with a 5202 LED yesterday, but I can't get the power plug to fit on it.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac EXT
200 Posts
Do you have to take the headlight out to replace the HID headlights?

2007 Escalade needs D1S HID lights correct?

·
Registered
escalade 2015 esv
21 Posts
Do you have to take the headlight out to replace the HID headlights? I did not, on passenger side removed air box & flexible cover that has black plastic grommets holding it in and for the driver’s side removed extra battery bracket, upper bolt holding wiper fluid container & flexible cover. Upon removal of the items you will see the rear of the HLamp, unlatch the cover and the D1S will be exposed, once bulb is removed you will notice a black strange looking circular piece located between the square base and bottom of the bulb, this comes off and needs to be installed on the replacement bulb. Boy, this was much easier, I struggled with trying to get the whole HLamp out finally gave up, only stumbled on how to above when I was putting in my new CIA (cold air induction) and saw the easy access possibility.
2007 Escalade needs D1S HID lights correct? Yes it is direct replacement; I purchased the D1S 6000k Hi/Low beam to match my fogs from this sight http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1519081562.html they were local for me in So Cal.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
79 Posts
do you have a link to the parking led you bought?

I attempted to change my DRL with a 5202 LED yesterday, but I can't get the power plug to fit on it.
http://autolumination.com/194.htm

scroll down to the tower 3. I think it is the longest bulb that will fit. I have extras if you want pictures let me know
PM me

·
Registered
2012 Escalade Hybrid Platinum
25 Posts
Thanks Italiano!

Can you post detailed instructions on removing the headlights...

·
Registered
2015 ESV
50 Posts
Hey ice, I'll take those detailed instructions to remove the headlights. I tried the Italians way and I guess he must have big Hans for 5 foot dude cause I can't get mine in enough to work. I can't pm you as I'm to knew to the site. Guess I need I G9 clearance first.

·
Registered
Escalade
1 Posts
hey bud i need some help with the escalade lights. i have a '07 and i already tore up my driverside one trying to get it out. if you could help me out with those details it would be much appreciated

1 - 20 of 32 Posts