Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Black Ultra Luxury AWD
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2008 Cadillac Escalade Luxury Edition from a private seller. No tax!!!!! Got to love that. Dealers wanted $73,000 new (MSRP) Best Deal I found OTD was $68k. I HATE dealers. I really do. So, I waited and a smoking deal popped up. I had a few good deals in the pipes w/ private sellers. Then I got real lucky.
I picked up the 2008 Luxury Edition AWD black on black with every single option available. EVERY option. He was a local owner of a business here in AZ. I paid $42,000.00. Thats right! Talk about the right place at the right time. I have a friend who runs a private dealership. All his vehicles he gets at the private auctions. He said I paid close to auction price, about 3k more. Well I am happy. I have had a Cadillac Escalade ever since they have been available. I love the product. I have never purchased from a dealer. I advise everyone to do the same. If you do buy from a scumbag dealership, just take about ten grand with you. When you leave the dealership in your brand new vehicle , roll down your windows, stick out your arm, open up your hand and let that 10k fly baby.......you lost it anyway!
So..... What kinda deal did you score!!!! Lets chat.

·
Registered
07 Escalade AWD
25 Posts
Wondering how you get away with the "no tax" on the purchase of a used vehicle? Not sure what state you live in but assume in order to license/register the vehicle you will have to pay the man at some point? I agree that there are some great deals out there and it sounds like you got a good one. Was the vehicle you bought brand new or did it have some miles on it? Either way...great price and I can tell you are totally stoked. Gotta love the new 6.2L paired with the 6-speed! Congrats on the new purchase--post up a pic!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ESCAPADE----- 11,400 miles

As for the no tax, in AZ we don't pay the tax on used from private sellers.

·
Registered
NONE
120 Posts
ESCAPADE----- 11,400 miles

As for the no tax, in AZ we don't pay the tax on used from private sellers.
Great Price! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I didn't know that about the tax in Az.

Not only do you get nice weather, you get tax breaks too! I'm off to see about the housing market because I'm sick of snow! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want a cheap house buy in AZ. The RE market is in the toilet. A house down the road from me is being offered for sale at 1.1 mill. It was appraised for 2.4 mill. It sold 3 years ago for nearly 4 mill. Look at that steal. Get out of the snow, come to AZ!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
In my case I have found a brand new EXT fully loaded for 48k- 2 miles and always in the showroom and a flat tax of $300. Just curious what do you consider luxury edition? Is it the Platinum edition? If so then I would say you got a sick price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DLH, here is my email [email protected] if you email me I will send you some good links to great buys here in AZ. I want every escalade owner to score a great deal. never go to the dealers.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Not all Dealers are to be avoided! The prices you see in the paper on new 2008s include all the factory to Dealer incentives, including some that you may not qualify for (like targeted lease bonus cash).

I've got two leftover 2008 EXTs that the company bought to get them out of the new inventory. They're both brand new (~100 miles on the odo). Check out the deals on these:

2008 EXT
Black Raven/Ebony
Sunroof
Navigation
Rear Camera
Cooled seats
Power retractable running boards
Rear seat Entertainment
Custom Gloss Black 22" wheels with polished lip
Rock Bottom Price: $51,800

2008 EXT
Black Raven/Ebony
Sunroof
Navigation
Rear Camera
Cooled seats
Custom DUB 22" chrome wheels
Rock Bottom Price: $50,200

These prices are good for everyone- no need to qualify for any special rebates or incentives. Mileage is approximately 100 on both units, and they've never left my lot except for test drives or shows. Trades are welcome. Call me today if you're interested.

·
Banned
2007 Escalade ESV
369 Posts
we dont pay tax to private sellers here in Georgia also. And our land looks allot better than Az. You can keep the dust I prefer Grass!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Riding Dirty------ I prefer "grass" too!!!!

Tony------------ Your prices need to be lower on 08's, in 4 months those suckers will be two years old!!!!! Who wants to buy a brand new 2 year old truck for 15 off msrp???
C'mon Tony, the deals are not at the dealerships. Hell, dealers are not moving ANY new inventory. They are selling more auction lease and rental returns than anything else. In AZ they can't keep used lades on the floor.

·
Registered
E
1,313 Posts

Tony------------ Your prices need to be lower on 08's, in 4 months those suckers will be two years old!!!!! Who wants to buy a brand new 2 year old truck for 15 off msrp???
C'mon Tony, the deals are not at the dealerships. Hell, dealers are not moving ANY new inventory. They are selling more auction lease and rental returns than anything else. In AZ they can't keep used lades on the floor.
lol, I like this guy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

Actually, our February and March sales were 170% compared to last year, and these two EXTs are all I have left in 08 Escalades (including ESVs and regular Escalades). Maybe Florida's a better place to be a Salesman than AZ. :)

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I'm sure you can find a lower price on a USED 2008 Escalade if you're willing to buy one that someone's been driving for a year (and putting door dings in, wearing out the tires, curbing the rims, getting the carpets dirty..) and still has the stock wheels on it.

If, on the other hand, you'd rather have one with no miles that no one's been driving and has some custom 22's that set you apart from the stockers, give me call.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tony,
Maybe you are right about FL having better salesmen, who knows. However, there are TONS of 1 owner rigs in showroom condition out their. Besides, once you drive it off the lot it is used. The 22's that you boast about can be purchased wholesale or better to almost anyome via the net. 24" Gianni rims and tires $1450... just an example, 22" packs start at 900 here. Dealers charge 5k. I think you may be a good salesman. I do know however that most car shoppers are not as savvy as they should be. That is why they're will always be dealerships making huge bank. Give me some cred, you know that alot of what Im saying is truth. If I had a product to SELL, which you are doing I would do and say anything to make sure I get the SALE. I still don't think that your bottom line price on those ext's are anything to get excited about. Way better deals and steals are out there.
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I certainly respect your opinion and feedback, understand what you're saying. However, the key words that you said just now are "as soon as it drives of the lot" it depreciates. Since these vehicles were never purchased, they're going to be a little more expensive than the 1 owner cars you're comparing them to. I know you just got a great deal on one that has 11,000 miles on it already, but there's plenty of people are willing to pay a little extra to be the one that puts those first 11,000 miles on the vehicle themselves.

As far as the rims, I've never seen good quality (especially DUB brand) 22's WITH tires for $1,500. Good quality wheels and tires cost $3,000-$4,000, and most people I know wouldn't put $100 tires and $300 rims on an Escalade. I wouldn't put $100 tires on my daily driver, much less a $60,000 truck.

I know you don't like Dealers (I believe "hate" was the word you used), but cut me some slack here. Instead of standing around the showroom like a vulture waiting to for people to drive up so I can haggle with them, I'm bringing some awesome prices straight to the forums and trying to blow out a couple of new EXTs for thousands less than invoice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tony,
Both of us are right. They're certainly are customers who would like to be the first to put on those 11,000 miles. I feel completely different. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. It took me a long time to create my company and really begin to earn. I still like to save big $'s when I can. Of course in buying used it is up to the buyer to perform his/her due diligence and make certain they are getting a good solid vehicle. Thats my point. A smart shopper can save up to 20,000 or more. The Man who sold me his Escalade paid over $73,000 in February of 2008. I bought his truck for $42k. I paid $31,000 less then he did for miles that I would have put on by now. $31K!!! That is a lot of money when you pay cash and go dollar for dollar. Now, keep in mind that this guy could have got robbed on his deal but I sure did not. He, like alot of others lost his company and his demise was my gain. If you have cash on hand this market is up for grabs. You can buy anything on the cheap. The rims I have on my Escalade are Lexani, they are better than DUBS. I can buy them at wholesale and they are not $3-$4k. If you truly beleive that then someone is lying to you or you don't buy as well as you can be. Excellent rims and tires are a dime a dozen these days. No big thing!! BTW I don't "hate" you at all. I do hate dealers, the process and most salesmen. I think your pricing is fair for a dealer. But still, new inventory is not moving. The 2010's will be out in Sept/Oct 09'. You sell someone an 08 and in 4 more months the truck is already two years old with apporox 4k miles. They lost almost 15-20 percent on the purchase. $51k - 15% That truck will be worth $43,000 come October 2009. Who do YOU know that would make such a poor investment?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So it looks like people are getting good deals. Post your knowledge of invoice pricing.
What is the lowest invoice price youve been told by a dealer or from other sources!!!!?

·
Registered
Cadillac
140 Posts
So it looks like people are getting good deals. Post your knowledge of invoice pricing.
What is the lowest invoice price youve been told by a dealer or from other sources!!!!?

I have it down to 2. Both carry the "Total Confidence" incentives

08 EXT, white, zero miles and fully loaded including electric steps at 48k
09 ESV, black, zero miles and fully loaded including electric steps at 63k

Also found an untitled fully loaded 2009 Escalade Hybrid on Craigs list in Tampa for 59,999. Not sure what that means. Sounds a little shady.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations to Nathan Rea..... He got a hell of a steal!

2007 AWD ESV Lade for $31,250.00 !!!!!! NO TAX , by buying from a private seller. Again, down with the DEALER SCUM!
Jeremy

Do not be fooled by dealers. All warranties with GMC are transferrable to the new owner with a Lade under 50k miles. "Dealers, Dealers! We don't need no stinkin Dealers!"

1 - 20 of 56 Posts