Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruise control used to work. Now, the light on the steering wheel would come on but the nothing shows up on dashboard. I could try replacing it, but I have no idea on what to do
Please help
2007*
#NoCarKnowledge

·
Registered
1 Posts
YardmanTony said:
Its usually the brake pedal switch. Take it off and check it works or replace it.
How do you remove the switch and check if it works? Can it be easily replaced if I purchase from the dealership?
2008 Escalade

·
Registered
'07 Escalade
17 Posts
So when I installed the new switch, my brake lights were on all the time. Needless to say it didn't fix the cruise control problem.

I put the old switch back on and now I don't know what to do to fix this.

Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2007 Black Escalade EXT
355 Posts
The Cruise in my 2007 EXT is Intermittent. It has worked flawlessly until a couple nights ago. When I tried to engage the Cruise Control, it didn't work and the Green Indicator Light on the instrument panel/dash didn't come on. The next day it started working fine and hasn't given me any trouble since. Could the Brake Pedal Switch be starting to Fail? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
I know cruise is tied to either a fuse or relay switch. Look in your manual for which number and pull that fuse then look to see if it's bad (break in the connection). You can pull a good fuse/relay from somewhere else and test it in the cruise control spot. Just make sure it's a fuse/relay from something that won't affect vehicle operation since you'll have to test drive it. Fuses and relays are cheap, start there.

·
Registered
993 Posts
My Sierra Denali did this. It's a known issue and the brake switch is usually the culprit. I always got mine to work by pressing the brake pedal lightly when up to speed, and then immediately setting the cruise.

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
There is a simple fix posted somewhere on the net.It may be on tahoeyukonforum. All you need to do is pull the switch off pry it open and clean the contacts.They pack these things with grease and add a little dirt and theres the problem. I fixed mine this way and it began working immediately,no need for dealer,no need for special tools.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
137 Posts
I too own a 08 (ESV) and had that intermittent function of the cruise control. The amber light on the steering wheel cruise button would always turn on but whenever I oushed SET, the green cruise indicator light on the cluster would not light up and cruise would't set.

I just replaced the brake light switch mounted on the brake pedal (simple removal with 10mm socket and pull retainer) and now cruise is working 100%. I ordered mine thru rockauto.com. i got an OEM AC Delco unit. I didnt want to mess with aftermarket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts