Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 2014 I purchased a 2008 Cadillac Escalade with 58,000 miles on it. The car looks flawless and runs great. I took it to my nearest Cadillac dealership for it's first service 2/25/15. The tech called me into the shop and showed me that the frame is extremely corroded. The frame is so rusty, that the sway bar is actually detached on the front passenger side. I had no idea. The dealership said that it's one of the worst issues they've seen and that the frame needs to be replaced, rather than repaired. Usually frame replacement means the car is totaled. I paid a substantial amount of money for the car and I can't believe it's turned out this way. My warranty on the car only covers powertrain issues so the dealership that sold it to me (not Cadillac) isn't much of a help. I can't help but think this must be a common issue and I need to find out if Cadillac can help with this pre-existing issue. Thanks, Evan

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,757 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response from a 30 month-old entry made by a single poster, but you never know. . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts