Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS [] 2008 Cadillac DTS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my problem child,
Just did new valve cover gasket, sparkplugs, injectors, and intake gasket.

I have a slight jerk at idle when my AC/Heat is on. I do have a leak with my power steering, but im not sure if this is affecting this. It was doing this before I had those mechanical issues repaired. It wasn't doing it for a solid 2 weeks either.

No engine codes either... I have been running regular though, and this occurred after filling up at a station I usually dont, and I only use top tier stations.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
108 Posts
I would see what happens with new gas but hard to say when you aren't throwing a code

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS [] 2008 Cadillac DTS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It almost feels like a misfire only at idle and only occurs at operating temps... I just put new plugs and injectors, I might throw in some new coils. I saw a similar post on here and that's what he did, he never replied if it fixed it or not but at 130k miles... I could see it being a coil because when the AC/heat is on it puts a load on the engine and a delayed coil could be the issue. I also gotta slap a new power steering pump or the high pressure line. I have a seepage issue and haven't gotten around to looking at the cause just yet.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
108 Posts
Ahhh gotcha well you could always just test the coils out. Just google how to test coils if you are unsure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts