Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to get to the timing chain on a 2008 DTS and I don't have enough clearance to remove the balancer. the balancer is loose on the crankshaft but I am hitting the inside of the wheel well. need some suggestions, please.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,043 Posts
The Northstar has 3 timing chains, each with its own hydraulic tensioner and guide slippers.

Looks like you need to lower the front (passenger) end of the powertrain cradle.

You'll need the GM/Cadillac service manual for procedures - www.alldatadiy.com - and the special harmonic balancer install that insures oil pressure - the correct balancer hub torque drives the oil pump.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,043 Posts
Bummer. My STS has removable inner fender liners - someone with a later DTS will have to chime in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks like I am going to have to remove the bumper. the subframe actually goes into the front bumper so I can't lower it anymore. Then I think im going to have to lower the drivers side also to get enough clearance, hopefully wont damage any brakelines. What a nightmare.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,635 Posts
Keep an eye on the trans cooler, P/S, coolant and A/C lines as well as you lower it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts