Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Dts 2008
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically a couple of days ago when I turned on the car and AC i heard this blowing or wooshing noise like pulsing loud blowing then soft loud soft sounds like coming from the defrost top vents. the outsdie air was 73 and I set inside for 68 and it did not kick in real loud like normal blowing just the wooshing pulse. When I pressed the recycle cabin air button it gets louder and cools what seems like normal. It seems like the compressor works okay but something is wrong. Has anyone had this problem? Any Ideas??nnthanks in advance. Leslie O:hmm:

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville
315 Posts
It might be some kind of electronic control component behind the dash that controls the air flow settings. I forgot the name of it. However, it's a lot of labor to get to it.

·
Registered
Dts 2008
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. now it has other symptoms. SOmetiems it will start with the recirculated button lit up and work but sometimes it will start the way it used to with the outside air button lit up and either way it works. but if it is on recirculated air and I change buttons tothe outside air then it doesnt work until i put it back on recycle. figured it was some kind of sensor that controlled the flow. will get it checked out when I am back ihome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts