Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS: DI, AWD, FE2, PDQ Black Raven
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 DI is in the shop to get the heads completely replaced - It was exhibiting a P0391 code with CEL, and there's a TSB that talks about measuring end play in the camshafts and completely replacing the cylinder heads and all associated equipment if they're out of spec. My car previously had the nylon shims installed due to walking cams, so I'm not particularly surprised. One thing I'm not entirely clear on is exactly why the whole upper end of the engine has to be effectively replaced - Do the 'walking' cams tear up the inside of the head and destroy the valvetrain, or what? Just trying to get a handle on why such major replacement is required, I haven't been able to find any good explanations.

·
Registered
sts
1 Posts
My 2007 STS 3.6 with 12000 miles, is at the shop as of Tuesday for the same problem. They said I won't get it back till July. Said heads are not available. Anyone else waiting this long?

·
Registered
2008 CTS: DI, AWD, FE2, PDQ Black Raven
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, mine's been in the shop for almost three weeks. They say they've got most of the parts they need, but for the last two weeks I've been apparently waiting on valve springs and some other part. It's very frustrating - apparently when the svc department puts in an order for parts, GM has no way of showing any sort of shipping status or estimated arrival date. If they end up having the car for longer than a month, I'm going to try to call Cadillac Customer Care and demand some sort of compensation, since I'm still making payments on a car that I don't get to drive... Maybe I'll get somewhere with that, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts