Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Black Ice CTS4 DI...'07 Black Raven CTS Sport(previous)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month or two, I have seen about 20+ new '08 CTS's in about 5 different colors on the road on my drive home from work(I have also continue to see the facelifted STS as well...looks much better in person than in the pics).

Anyways, I used to get extremely jealous because I thought that the new generation completely blew my '07 away, and I really wish I would have waited to get the '08 model.

However, after driving next to them and comparing and contrasting them, the only things that I like about the 2008 models are the grille and interior. I know many people think the grille is too big and gaudy, but I l really like it.

For those who have seen the 2008 models on the road, I just want to know your thoughts about the differences, and what you like/dislike.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
I've seen a lot of CTS 's on the road (07 and older) and with a nice set of rims they are really contemporary...

Do I personally like the 2008 CTS a little better..

Yes I do and the AWD makes it a vehicle I can get my SUV loving wife into as opposed to another SUV that we don't need...

Just like the admiration I have for the C5 Z06 compared to the C6 Z06 I would say the same about the CTS and especially the CTS V.

Both generations of the CTS and the Corvette Z06's are great vehicles that are in my opinion are truly still contemporary.

JMO and wish I would see the new 2008 CTS on the road like you have..

Any chance next time you can snap a few photos?

TIA

·
Registered
'09 Black Ice CTS4 DI...'07 Black Raven CTS Sport(previous)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen a lot of CTS 's on the road (07 and older) and with a nice set of rims they are really contemporary...

Do I personally like the 2008 CTS a little better..

Yes I do and the AWD makes it a vehicle I can get my SUV loving wife into as opposed to another SUV that we don't need...

Just like the admiration I have for the C5 Z06 compared to the C6 Z06 I would say the same about the CTS and especially the CTS V.

Both generations of the CTS and the Corvette Z06's are great vehicles that are in my opinion are truly still contemporary.

JMO and wish I would see the new 2008 CTS on the road like you have..

Any chance next time you can snap a few photos?

TIA

Yeah, my camera phone turns into a 3.2-megapixel camera, so I will try to get some shots of it...or I will start keeping my digital camera in my car. Honestly, they look SO different than anything else on the road and really stand out.

I will try to get some nice shots.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Yeah, my camera phone turns into a 3.2-megapixel camera, so I will try to get some shots of it...or I will start keeping my digital camera in my car. Honestly, they look SO different than anything else on the road and really stand out.

I will try to get some nice shots.
mine too! is it the samsung -990?????

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I have driven both the 2007 and 2008 CTS and the 2008 is by far the better car. The 2007 and prior CTS don't even feel like cadillac's when compared to the 2008. This is what the CTS should have been from the start.

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6l SFI 6MT
146 Posts
UFC713 Please elaborate......

I have driven both the 2007 and 2008 CTS and the 2008 is by far the better car. The 2007 and prior CTS don't even feel like cadillac's when compared to the 2008. This is what the CTS should have been from the start.
I have a suspicion that this opinion will determine why I won't be interested in the '08 CTS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts