Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which transmission to go with. I want the manual, but the reviews have not been favorable for it. My thought process is that maybe the problems with the manual transmission could be fixed through an aftermarket shop, but I have no idea how much that could run.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
In addtion to the lackluster reviews, you will find resale a real problem with a manual, if you don't lease. The engines in a CTS are well suited to an automatic.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
I'd go with an automatic 6 speed personally but I'd imagine an aftermarket shifter installed would clear up any issues the magazines have.

Probably 250 complete installed.

If you really want a manual I'd suggest waiting for the CTS V. That would be a car to consider with a manual and even then I'd probably go with an automatic speed paddle shifter.

Computers are faster than most human beings in shifting today.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the automatics are good and that resale would take a hit, but I love manuals, I guess I just like the control, more like I'm actually driving instead of just stepping on a peddle...

·
Registered
Cadillac 03 Black CTS
72 Posts
I personally don't see how guys drive automatic tranny's, even my wife drives manual. In all honesty, go with the option that makes you happiest

1 - 8 of 8 Posts