·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Click this link. On the page that opens, you should find 2 files listed:
  • 2008 CTS Navigation Manual (~ 1MB)
  • 2008 CTS Owners Manual (~ 3MB)
Click on the green arrow next to the file you want to download.

Thanks to member gm_eng who provide me with the PDF files.

:cheers:

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts

Zymurgy,

Very well done. On behalf of all who visit here - thanks. :thumbsup:

Rab.

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS Performance Premium Luxury Crystal White AWD 3.6DI
186 Posts
Manual says DVD videos are not playable. U2S option says AM/FM radio with DVD player. Which is correct?

Steve

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
Zymurgy - Thanks for posting them. I was getting numerous requests to email them - I didn't mind though. I went throough the same excitement when I was waiting for my 2005 C6 when they first came out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
sbuday - I think the ordering guide might be a little misleading. The U2S option does have a DVD player but may only play DVD-A (audio) files and probably not DVD-V (video) files. For DVD video I think you need the "pop-up" screen and I think that only comes with the navigation system.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS (and 1985 Gold Corvette)
27 Posts
Thank you sooo much. Now I'll finally be able to use it as it was intended. (BAH on GM for not sending them and the ipod cable out with my car)

·
Registered
08 CTS, 06 C6 Vette
10 Posts
To GM Engr,
This is LesCTS and I now have my twin brother of your car, Crystal Red with PDQ package (Lux #2). It arrived about a week ago and I have not gotten time to run it over to your house to compare cars. I love it. Took it on a short road trip this week and it worked flawlessly.

I have been trying to purchase the DVD-audio disks and they are hard to find locally. I ordered one from the Internet but have not recieved it yet. I got a DTS 5.1 Surround DVD from the local blue box store and it would not read the disk, so I took it back. Yet in the Owners Manual on page 3-86, it says this Bose system will support both DVD-A disks and the DTS 5.1 Surround Sound CD disks. Have you or any one else gotten the DTS DTS 5.1 Surround Sound CD disks to play? Not having tried the DVD-A disks yet, I presume they will work as I have heard other people rave about the sound quality with the DVD-A disks. I did try MP3s and they sound good.

PS, I was able to play DVD-video disks on the Nav screen while in park. Not too sure what value this is, but it is a neat feature to demonstrate. Most people say, Yah, my SUV already does that in the back seat! Yeah, but can it display Nav information also?

Another question: I have good luck downloading songs directly from CDs and the Graceland captured and displayed all the information. But on most of the MP3s, No Info showed up so I am flying blind on these. The Owners manual says that "Tags" can be added on the computer files to supply the necessary information. Has anyone tried to do that?

·
Registered
374 Posts
lescts,

Glad to hear you got your CTS! Andi and I were going to pedal our bikes over to your house yesterday to see if you got yours, but Andi had an alergic reaction to something she ate and had to go to the doctor.

I wanted to try playing a DVD-audio disk. I didn't have one, so I ripped some songs from a video DVD and burned them to a DVD-A. Sounded just like the movie.

About recording to the hard drive from a CD. The first five, older CDs I recorded, Gracenote copied all the album, artist and track information just fine. I bought two, new CDs this week, and when I copied them to the hard drive, neither one of them recorded the CD information. What I ended up doing was deleting them from the HDD, ripping the albums to my laptop, saving them to my USB jump drive, and recording them to the HDD from the jump drive. Anyone else have that problem and a solution?

·
Registered
2017 ATS Performance Premium Luxury Crystal White AWD 3.6DI
186 Posts
"I wanted to try playing a DVD-audio disk. I didn't have one, so I ripped some songs from a video DVD and burned them to a DVD-A. Sounded just like the movie."

THe sound from a video DVD is the same as a CD. Same audio specs. So it should sound great.

But, the only way to play a DVD-Audio disk is to purchase one. You cannot rip DVD-A to a CD as your computer (nor anyone else's) can record DVD-A 5 channel discrete sound.

I have a DVD-A disk (Beatles Love (from the Las Vegas show) comes with both a regular CD and separate DVD-A disks) and it really sounds fantastic. Not just the sound quality, (which is great), but discrete 5 channel sound. When I put it on for others to hear, they are blown away by the sound system in the CTS.

Steve

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sbudaj,

I didn't burn it to a CD. I ripped it anad burned it to a DVD. When I played it in the CTS it recognized it as 5.1 surround sound (showed it as 5.1 in Configuration, Sounds tab). If it wasn't 5.1, the CTS audio system wouldn't have given me the two 5.1 surround settings to chose from. I ripped the 5.1 audio files from the surround sound DVD movie. Burned them to disk as .ac3 files, which are 5.1 surround sound. There are programs specifically made for copying 5.1 files, such as Xilisoft DVD Audio Ripper or Nidesoft DVD audio ripper.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
GM_Eng

thank you for the manual.

For my current cars I have Service Manuals, both purchased from the manufecturer site for $19.95 each. They are great as it is 4,500 pages in pdf format! Is there something similar available for CTS 08? If so where could I get it..

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 CTS Radient-Bronze/Ebony DI FE2
12 Posts

Thanks! for repeating this information in the "Wear in time" thread. :)

1 - 20 of 105 Posts