Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am writing from Bulgaria. I purchased a brand new 2008 cadillac CTS directly from USA, to be exported to Bulgaria. But it was for the US market, not for the european one. The difference is that all the cadies for the european market have some differences- speed meter in kilometers in stead of miles, temperature in degrees Celsius in stead of Farenhait, European tail lights, Navigation system for Europe etc. I do not have problem with miles or farenheit degrees but.....my navigation is not working. Is there a way to adjust my US navigation to start working here because it does not want to read any disk with EU maps :(

·
Registered
CTS ´08 2.8 SPORT LUXURY FE2 (EURO SPECS)
41 Posts
Does it read a regular movie video DVD? Maybe it is about the region code restriction

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
I don't have any help for you on the nav, but the odometer, speedometer, and temperature readouts can be in metric measurements. It's a setting somewhere in the DIC customization menus...look around in there and you will find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it read a regular movie video DVD? Maybe it is about the region code restriction
It reads a regular movie, there is a separate ''slip'' where to put the disc for a movie or for a tune and another one where you put only the navigation disc but when I put a navigation for europe and it does not want to read it at all, probably because the car is for the US market, can this be solved some way?

·
Registered
CTS ´08 2.8 SPORT LUXURY FE2 (EURO SPECS)
41 Posts
have you tried to load the maps through the "hidden screens"? Maybe it needs a software reflash in a cadillac dealer to load some euro config. Is there any in bulgaria?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the problem, In Bulgaria they say that the software can not be adjusted or something, it is only a whole navigation that can be added but it is very expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts