Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2008 CTS
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was swapping out the spark plugs on my Wife's 2008 CTS with 3.6l DI engine and found a couple of disconnected hoses/tubes and one electrical plug. I figured out where everything went, but I sure would like to know what this assembly actually is.

This is located inside the engine compartment, on the passenger side between the wheel well and the firewall.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
You're looking at the remains of the recalled heated washer fluid reservoir system.
They were removed due to risk of fire. What you see is what was left.

Registered
2008 CTS
Discussion Starter #3
You're looking at the remains of the recalled heated washer fluid reservoir system.
They were removed due to risk of fire. What you see is what was left.
Thank you. Is there any downside to having those connectors connected?

Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
I really liked mine when I had it. Certain cold days it's nice to have and save time out in the cold trying to clear the windshield.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
I really liked mine when I had it. Certain cold days it's nice to have and save time out in the cold trying to clear the windshield.
The DTS was also included in the recall and some members on that subforum have sourced aftermarket units to put it back in service.

Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
There are 2 aftermarket units, one that has it's own dedicated wiring setup. I have one of those, just haven't gotten around to adding it. I bought it and used it on my old Bonneville.
There is a second unit on the market that is a plug-and-play to use the existing wiring in the car. Since the GM recall has the dealer tape off the pigtails and plug the socket together to protect the wiring in the receptacle, this is an easy install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts