Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a safety hazard and needs immediate attention. Took to dealership, reported it to General Motors at 1-800-521-7300 and also NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 and filed complaints. GM has already issued recalls (09V-419 & 12V459000) for 2007, 2008 and 2009 Chevrolet, Pontiac and Saturn for defective part "fuel pump module". Cadillac CTS should be included but complaints need to be filled to generate a revised recall for those that experience this problem of gas vapor smell inside and outside the CTS currently or in the past. This is a costly repair of approximately $1,500. The more complaints they receive the better chance we have of GM revising the Recall to include Cadillac CTS. Incident occurred at mileage 73,231. You will receive a case number from each organization for you to retain in case the recall is revised to notify you for possible reimbursement.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
I'm sure there's a mileage cutoff. This is an all too common problem with several GM models. It happened to my 08 above the 120k mile point, and it happened to my Mom's 07 Saturn at nearly the same mileage point.

It almost seems like a miscalculation of formulation for an intended biodegradable point.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Since 2007 Saturn was included in recall, I hope your mom got it replaced for free under the Recall
Not all Saturn of the same model and year, I ran her VIN through the system and it was not included. I believe the build site, or part manufacturer has something to do with it. For example, upon changing her factory O2 sensors, I discovered that the up streams were AC Delco and the down streams were Denso instead of all four being from the same manufacturer. It may change, her transmission was recalled some time after it failed and was replaced.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,384 Posts
Yup have the same smell in my 10 cts wagon but no codes and it's very strong on the driver rear side. Been that way since around 90k....now at 130k

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please take action and report it to the numbers on my post. I am trying to get a revised recall issued to include Cadillac so that we can receive refunds from GM. They need car owners to file reports. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts