Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD DI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2008 CTS AWD with Performance, Luxury 1, and Luxury 2 packages. I had them send me the build sheet and it states that it has the 3.6L VVT (LY7) engine. I did not know they made the "loaded" CTS in AWD without the DI engine. Can anyone provide any insight on this. Also, how is the VVT engine? I realize it is 263 hp vs the 304 hp on the DI, but will it seem doggy?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 AWD
156 Posts
I have a 08' AWD with the 263 horse motor and it is far from a dog. This thing has more than enough power to get you in trouble at a drop of the hat.
I am a bit confused about the car having the non DI motor with the performance package, but I have heard that you could get that set up on some of the early 08's ?

·
Registered
2008 CTS Radiant Bronze, Performance Collection RWD
175 Posts
I have the 2008 CTS performance collection with the 3.6 263 horse VVT engine.
Plenty entertaining for me! 65,000 miles and feels like new.

·
Registered
13' CTS V Coupe / KN CAI / Eiback ProKit / 20" wheels + Nitto Tires
147 Posts
same engine as the DI but without the DI :)

it has plenty of power, the other day on the highway a guy on an acura tried to race me, he could not catch up...i was driving to the beach :)

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,819 Posts
Well I have the 08 3.6 CTS with everything except Lux Lvl 2 and sunroof(neither of which I wanted). All options back then were a La Carte I believe which is why it took me 5 months to find one. The 3.6 has all the power you need unless you live in Germany. Plus back in 08 the Perf. Collection has a 'Performance Cooling System' listed. I remember when I first got the car I had to drive up north on I-95 to register it in NJ. Traffic was a nightmare all the way and temps stayed above 90 into the night. Sitting still and traveling over 13 hours and the temp gauge never moved.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
When the pros (Car and Driver etc) drove both cars back in 2008 they said that the only difference they could notice performance wise was about .5 second difference between 35mph and 65mph. I can say that my non DI engine has performed flawlessly for 36,000 miles and I an glad that I have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts