Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,469 Posts
AFAIK the OP has checked many of the usual suspects but not all yet. It might very well be the chains at his mileage.

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
194 Posts
Clear codes and trade it in if timing chain. These cars are a dime a dozen

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD
37 Posts
So put valve cover gaskets on, new coils, plugs, cleaned MAF and throttle body. Did TPMS reset now I am getting a P0020 code. Anybody have any ideas? It's a camshaft bank 2 code. Bad sensor? weird it didn't pop until after I did this stuff though. I did also find that apparently last time it as at a shop there is a line that runs from between the airbox and throttle body. It plugs into intake tube and runs back over passenger side and is supposed to got into about a 45 degree boot it looks like and onto a fitting. That boot is gone. Not sure what it feeds but could that be my issue as that line isn't hooked up I found.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
So put valve cover gaskets on, new coils, plugs, cleaned MAF and throttle body. Did TPMS reset now I am getting a P0020 code. Anybody have any ideas? It's a camshaft bank 2 code. Bad sensor? weird it didn't pop until after I did this stuff though. I did also find that apparently last time it as at a shop there is a line that runs from between the airbox and throttle body. It plugs into intake tube and runs back over passenger side and is supposed to got into about a 45 degree boot it looks like and onto a fitting. That boot is gone. Not sure what it feeds but could that be my issue as that line isn't hooked up I found.
The line going from the air inlet tube after the MAF sensor going back over and toward the end of the valve cover, should be plugged into the valve cover. If it is disconnected, you will have problems. It will allow air to bypass the MAF sensor and enter the motor. You probably missed reconnecting it after the valve cover gasket replacement. It probably does not explain the code you are getting now.

Make sure you plugged the sensors back in.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD
37 Posts
Yeah um in order for said sensor to work it must be plugged in. Was looking though again and the pigtail had his under the loom. so plugged in and code gone. runs smoother now. will see if I can get a 45 rubber later for that connection at O'Reilly. if not will just order a whole line. think I will go ahead with O2 sensors also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, i pretty much have the same problem now ,codes P0420,P0430 and U0073 appeared ,im kind of noob with cars so i would be very grateful if someone tell me how many sensors do i need to change ?
So there is:
Downstream Left
Downstream Right
and for the Upstream i find just one ?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,481 Posts
Two upstream, two downstream.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,782 Posts
Difference for many cars is the length of the cable.
BTW if the downstream sensors get their cables swapped it will carry on cranky (don't ask). If in doubt disconnect one and see which error pops up.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,878 Posts
Always replace upstream o2 sensors with OEM.. GM cars don't respond well to other brand O2 sensors. the downstream sensors are solely for checking your Cats.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,782 Posts
"downstream sensors are solely for checking your Cats" Thats what I thought but some manufacturers do more. Spent a couple of years fighting a fuel trim on a V6 that slowly (like over 20 minutes) went richer and richer until it exceeded limits. Turned out my downstream O2 sensors were swapped and used for "something". Fixed and the slow rich rise went away.

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
304 Posts
I wish the new site had a line that showed location as the old one did; many people don't even put it in their inner profile.
Sure would help with concerns like this.
I think every Forum should require you to put where you live. That way if someone had a problem close to you but needed a scanner to help them with it and you had one you could help them if you knew where they lived. if they live five states away there's not much you can do without asking every time.

Roy

41 - 55 of 55 Posts