Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum / 2011 Cadillac DTS Platinum
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that I would take the time to ask if anyone has had problems, or been annoyed with their front driver & passenger door making noises like vibration noises, and rattles and things while driving, mine are making horrible noises, mainly my passenger door. I have a 2008 Cadillac DTS Performance, my car is clean & has been kept nice since I bought it new and has not been abused, I can’t figure out the issue? Also, what about your speaker covers rattling? Quality issues with just my car, or does anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
I just thought that I would take the time to ask if anyone has had problems, or been annoyed with their front driver & passenger door making noises like vibration noises, and rattles and things while driving, mine are making horrible noises, mainly my passenger door. I have a 2008 Cadillac DTS Performance, my car is clean & has been kept nice since I bought it new and has not been abused, I can’t figure out the issue? Also, what about your speaker covers rattling? Quality issues with just my car, or does anyone else have these problems?
Mine 2006 will turn 98,000 miles tomorrow and it has ZERO rattles of any kind.
If it is in the door, I would suspect that the speaker or the door module has came loose.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
I had rattles in the right side. Thought at first it might have been the seat belt. Then maybe the speakers. Then maybe in the glove box. And at 20mph or so there was some front end noise, like something was loose. Asked the dealer during the last oil change and they found "front caliper hardware noise. Removed calipers and lubed slider pins." Rattles are gone.

12,821 Posts
mbl_rl, have you spoken with your dealership about these rattle issues that you've described? They should be able to take care of these for you as you should still be within the 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper Cadillac warranty unless proved otherwise by your mileage. If you are out of warranty by mileage please message me with your issue and I will do what I can to assist you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance/1996 Dodge Stratus ES
212 Posts
I have a similar issue. My car is still under warranty. There is a squeak that comes from the headliner. When you push on the roof where the headliner ends to meet the sunroof opening, right past the buttons for the lights and garage doors, the squeak stops. Would this be covered?

12,821 Posts
Lev Blekher, this type of fix would normally be covered under your bumper to bumper warranty under normal circumstances. I hope they are able to resolve this issue for you. Let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
DTS
112 Posts
I have the exact same issue as lev with a vibrating in the headliner sunroof area...My car is CPO also, but when I asked the dealer to check the problem they said they would have to charge me diagnostic fee if they did not find a problem. I did not have it checked because it's subjective, and the fact that I have had to ask my dealer several times to check similar problems before resolving an issue, and was afraid I'd be stuck with 100's of dollars in diagnostic fees, so I live with the rattle.

·
Registered
STS
6 Posts
I have a similar issue. My car is still under warranty. There is a squeak that comes from the headliner. When you push on the roof where the headliner ends to meet the sunroof opening, right past the buttons for the lights and garage doors, the squeak stops. Would this be covered?
One permanent solution for this problem is to remove the complete headliner and line it with felt; however, this is a time-consuming and tough job. You can do this if the noise is really unbearable and annoying. But still, since you say that your vehicle is under warranty, you can get it checked once by the dealer- sounds much reasonable.

12,821 Posts
I have the exact same issue as lev with a vibrating in the headliner sunroof area...My car is CPO also, but when I asked the dealer to check the problem they said they would have to charge me diagnostic fee if they did not find a problem. I did not have it checked because it's subjective, and the fact that I have had to ask my dealer several times to check similar problems before resolving an issue, and was afraid I'd be stuck with 100's of dollars in diagnostic fees, so I live with the rattle.
I'm sorry to hear you are unable to get this resolved through your dealership. If you ever want to look back into getting this resolved feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
DTS
112 Posts
Hi Jeff,
I am going to give the service manager a private message and see if he will look at it for me. He has been helpful in the past. I will let everyone know how it goes. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey i have 2009 Cadillac DTS, it was making whining noise and it took it to the repair center and he told that the noise is because of leakage in the steering wheel pump & it should be replaced. I then replaced the steering wheel pump and i got rid of that noise and i am happy now.

·
Registered
DTS
112 Posts
Lev, you ever get yours checked? I am having mine looked at next week and maybe thought you could give me a heads up on what they found.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts