Deletions

Exterior color (23U) WA-984L Green Silk
Exterior color (53U) WA-317N Radiant Bronze
Exterior color (77U) WA-300M Glacier White
Exterior color (86U) WA-379E Crimson Pearl
Exterior color (93U) WA-961L White Lightning
New Features

Exterior color (98U) WA-800J White Diamond
Interior color Light Linen with Cocoa interior accents (412/413/414). Not available at start of production. Light Linen will replace Cashmere once Light Linen is available.
Interior color Light Linen with Cocoa seats (415). Not available at start of production. Light Linen will replace Cashmere once Light Linen is available.
Tuscany Leather interior available with front 40/20/40 flex seating. Not available with (394) Cashmere interior
195 Ebony Tehama Leather
(PLA) Platinum Edition DTS. Not available at start of production.
Changes

All Ebony interiors feature Titanium upper interior color

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2008 RPO order codes

Option
CodeDescriptionA45 Memory PackageAM3 Seat adjusters, driver and front passenger 4-way power lumbar control with massaging feature AN3 Seats, 40/20/40 flex seating with leather seating surfacesAP3 Adaptive Remote StartAP9 Cargo net, trunkAQ9 Seats, front bucket with leather seating surfacesAQY Head rests, rear seatARC Seat adjusters, rear 4-way power lumbar controlAY0 Air bags, dual-stage frontal and side-impact, driver and right-front passenger and head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positionsB18 Wood TrimB36 Trunk matCE1 Wipers, front intermittent, Generation II Rainsense with structureless wiper bladesCF5 Sunroof, powerCJ2 Climate control, dual-zone automaticCJ4 Climate control, tri-zone automaticD25 Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimmingDC5 Visors, rear illuminated vanity mirrorsDD7 Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming with compass displayDE9 Sunshade, rear window, powerDL3 Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimmingDS3 Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustableF55 Magnetic Ride ControlFE1 Suspension, 4-wheel independentFE3 Suspension, 4-wheel independent, PerformanceFE9 Emissions, Federal requirementsJL4 StabiliTrakJL9 Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel discK59 Adaptive Cruise ControlKA6 Seats, heated rear outboard seating positions with perforated rear seat insertsKB6 Seats, heated and cooled driver and front passenger KG4 Alternator, 150 ampsL37 Engine, Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8LD8 Engine, Northstar 4.6L DOHC V8MX0 Transmission, 4-speed automaticN30 Steering wheel, Deluxe, leather-wrapped with wood accents, heatedN37 Steering column, power tilt and telescopicN50 Steering wheel, deluxeN57 Steering wheel, leather-wrapped and heatedN80 Wheels, 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) chrome aluminumNB8 Emissions overrideNC7 Emissions override, FederalNE1 Emissions, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont state requirementsNP5 Steering wheel, leather-wrappedNR7 Steering wheel, leather-wrapped and heatedP31 Wheels, 18" x 7.5" (45.6 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome aluminumPA2 Wheels, 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) chrome aluminumPCJ Sun and Sound PackagePCN Sun and Navigation PackagePDT Luxury CollectionPDU Premium Luxury CollectionPDW Ultra Luxury CollectionPFF Wheels, 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) machined-finish aluminum with painted accentsPLA Platinum EditionPWG Wheels, 18" x 7.5" (45.6 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome aluminumQCH Tires, P235/55R17 all-season, blackwallQJE Tires, P245/50R18 H-rated, all-season, blackwallR8G Cumulative second year of OnStar Safe and Sound ServiceR8P Cumulative second and third year of OnStar Safe and Sound ServiceR8Y OnStar 1 additional Year of Directions and Connections ServiceR8Z OnStar 2 Additional Years Directions and Connections ServiceRFA OnStar Business Vehicle Manager ServiceRFG OnStar 3 Additional Years Safe and Sound ServiceRFH OnStar 4 Additional Years Safe and Sound ServiceTL4 Grille, body-colorTQ5 Headlamps, IntelliBeamU2K XM Satellite RadioU3R Audio system with navigation, AM/FM stereo with DVD-based navigationUE1 OnStar, 1-year of Directions and Connections planUFL Lane Departure WarningUFR Parking Assist, front and rearUFT Side Blind Zone AlertUG1 Universal Home RemoteUJ6 Tire Pressure MonitorUQA Audio system feature, Bose premium 8-speaker systemUS8 Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 playerUS9 Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changerUV7 Antenna, integral front and rearUY9 Instrumentation, analogVK3 License plate bracket, frontWA3 Trunk Convenience PackageXA7 Windshield washer fluid system, heatedYF5 Emissions, California state requirements

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
652 Posts
Diamond White is back - excellent news!

It would appear that the only changes are paint and interior colors, nothing new in the way of mechanical, electronics, or convenience features...

Is this the "don't mess with success" approach?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2008 Changes

Cadillac DTS

Deletions

Exterior color (23U) WA-984L Green Silk
Exterior color (53U) WA-317N Radiant Bronze
Exterior color (77U) WA-300M Glacier White
Exterior color (86U) WA-379E Crimson Pearl
Exterior color (93U) WA-961L White Lightning
New Features

Exterior color (98U) WA-800J White Diamond
Interior color Light Linen with Cocoa interior accents (412/413/414). Not available at start of production. Light Linen will replace Cashmere once Light Linen is available.
Interior color Light Linen with Cocoa seats (415). Not available at start of production. Light Linen will replace Cashmere once Light Linen is available.
Tuscany Leather interior available with front 40/20/40 flex seating. Not available with (394) Cashmere interior
195 Ebony Tehama Leather
(PLA) Platinum Edition DTS. Not available at start of production.
Changes

All Ebony interiors feature Titanium upper interior colorClick on the blue links to change image

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good great.

Thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Sure would be nice if the DTS had an improved dashboard clock. It's almost unreadable after dark. Digital would be fine. Also, wish the gas cap was locked with either interior opening or by key. Seems a car in this price/catagory both items (above) would be standard.
What's with the new Ebony interior with the Titanium upper?

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS
468 Posts
Yes, an unusable clock and the only nav system in the world that has no digital clock.

Makes you wonder what kind of human factors testing they do on a Caddy. Guess they think these are only driven by little ole old blue hairs on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
For the record, I don't have blue hair (or any hair for that matter), and I think the analog clock is very elegant, much more so than digital would be. No problems reading it at night, either. Don't have the nav system, so can't comment.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision 2.0 Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS 3.5 Twin Turbo
3,695 Posts
My 07 Lade clock also completely illegible - except at night. Classy, but useless during the day to me.

·
Registered
'00 ETC '07 DTS '76 Eldorado (sold)
42 Posts
This is a the DTS forum. I agree with 77CDV. I turned off the digital clock.:patriot:

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS
468 Posts
Renting a 2007 DTS with no Nav while my 2006 is in the body shop. It is a spartan car with no features but I do like the visible digital clock on the radio.

I think the Cadillac human factors guy is Micket the Mope.

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD DI 2014 AWD CTS DI
624 Posts
Out of curiosity have things like the blend door problems, heated seats and a myriad of other problems that have existed on my 02 DHS been fixed on the newer models? I have always owned Caddys but the frustration with repairs on my current one has me at least thinking Japanese or even Buick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Browsing the DTS portion of the Cadillac website today, I see that something called Bose Centerpoint surroundsound now comes on Luxury III and Performance sedans.

What exactly is that? Does one need to order the DVD navigation system in order to actually use this feature?

On a related note, many vehicles will allow you to play back a DVD movie while in Park. I understand that not displaying the video while driving is a safety concern; but when put in Drive, will the system continue to play back the movie's audio using the surroundsound?

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
992 Posts
New exterior colors now
Double Espresso
Blue Diamond
Black Ice

Just got the new color book in.
I saw a "Double Espresso" with a Cashmere (?) Cloth Top added by my dealership--it looked gorgeous. How does the "Blue Diamond" compare to the '05 and '06 Blue Ice? And is the Black Ice basically a Metallic Black Raven? Also, has anyone seen the Linen Leather Interior? (I picture it to be like the 1999-2001 Oatmeal Shade of Leather?) It is great that Cadillac designers are coming up with new colors--Cadillac was always known for their elegant and uniquely available colors--an important aspect of achieving the cachet the brand has earned!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts