Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI 6 speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently flew to chicago to pick up a CTS that i found after searching for a manual online. 2008 SIDI 6 speed manual premium package 60k miles, blk cherry with vogue wheels and tires, i considered it to be a pretty rare combo and a good price. I
know that this year lacked a few options such as bluetooth connectivity and heated steering wheel. Im curious what solutions there are to remedy the lack of streaming audio and handsfree phone usage. Is there a pretty clean setup that uses most of the stock components to equip the car with this? has anyone had an exceptional experience with adding aftermarket exhaust? can you update the nav maps to a more recent layout or version like the new cadillacs have? how the hell do i delete all of the mucsic the last owner put on the hdd without doing it song by song individually?

I see what you guys are talking about already with the bugs that come with the early years. since ive bought it a month ago, ive had an issue with the HID headlight hi beam shutter not functioning told i need to replace whole assembly or can i dear the headlight apart and oit it myself with a shutter part?, changed fuse but no fix. my drivers side door doesnt auto unlock when i get close to it but pass side does. my daytime running lights dont work (which i gather to be the way most prefer them, although id like to do a LED bulb swap on the DRLs and the fog lights) and when i had it tinted, they put it on a battery tender and upon my departure from the shop it said "check battery charging system" which i looked into and got worried due to all the people saying alternators, etc were probably bad. I fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting that battery.

Im starting to feel like a lot of the messages and little issues this car throws up are to get you into the shop and pay some serious dough. some may be valid but some just require some troubleshooting.

·
Registered
'08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
149 Posts
A couple of things...

(you may have checked this yourself already but for posterity :bouncy:) - not all '08s were Bluetoothless, a build date of May, 2008 or later should have - to check, use the hands free call button on the steering wheel and say 'Bluetooth', a response indicates there is support. If not then there have been successful DIY upgrades of OnStar support (search the forums) but its much easier to buy a separate Bluetooth / handsfree unit...

Likewise for HDD delete, google and forum search are your friends - here's an older thread for free. You'll find that in general the community expects you search yourself first :stirpot: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/222160-hdd-delete-all-2.html

For exhaust options, you are probably better off asking directly in the sibling 'CTS Performance' forum - there's more dedicated activity there for both catback and axleback upgrades - for catback, especially with the 6SPD MT, from prior experience, pay attention to the comments on droning at highway speeds in the 2500 RPMish zone ie about 60 MPH in 6th so that you are going in with both eyes and ears open...

Thought not on your list, one other thing to check out is whether the heated windshield washer fluid heater was ever replaced post warranty removal of the original unit. There has been good success documented in this forum, myself included, with a replacement unit from AlphaTherm, http://alphathermusa.com/heatedwash-AT-37GM.html (no I am not associated with them in any capacity :yup:)

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
605 Posts
Can't imagine searching for a M6, was hard enough for me to find Crystal Red with Ebony interior and Performance package.

Didn't know about the "clear hdd" but I also found you can delete by album. When in hdd press the Menu button and scroll to album list, then when you press delete it will ask if you want to delete the entire album, instead of just song. By artist probably works the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts