Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my buddies 2008 Cadillac CTS V6 LLT with port injection. The focus here is the oil in the intake air bridge going from the air filter to the throttle body. Cadillac is running a line from the PCV system on the engine to the air bridge. This is a terrible design, they have a small container hanging off of the intake air bridge that looks like an empty oil bottle. When inspected there is very little oil in it because the PCV vapors are inhaled by the engine through the intake. Order a catch can and rid yourself of oil ingestion. If you don't the chances of you blowing up your engine are high around 40k - 60k miles.

In the top rear of the passenger side cam/valve cover there is a metal barb that the PCV system passes through. It's tiny holes are too restrictive for the engine to evacuate properly resulting in crankcase pressure exceeding the ability of the barb. This results in the oil laden vapors back-flowing out the clean side into the main intake air bridge resulting in excess oil consumption and ingestion. The result is the holes clogging from deposits compounding the issue. To remove it, grasp the base with pliers, twist and pull straight up and out. Drill the top with a 7/64" drill bit, and the two bottom holes with 5/64" drill bits. Clean debris and re-seat back into the cover.

Check out this post for more detailed info: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/414745-3-0-3-6-intake-valve.html

Thanks,
Tommy Thomsen
[email protected]
http://RXPerformanceProducts.com
(941) 721-1826

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,372 Posts
Video has been removed....

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6 RWD LY7, FE2
55 Posts
Video has been removed....
Would love to see this as I also have the port injection engine and a little over 100k miles. I suspect the previous owner treated the car as merely a transportation device, unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts