Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
CTS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay there somthing weird going on!

Okay so heres the thing....

When i come close to the car with the transmitter in my pocket I can open the passenger side door but the driverside i have to click the unlock button on the transmitter for it to unlock.

Is there somthing wrong with the module for the door or does it only work for the passengerside door?

·
Registered
08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2
402 Posts
Most likely an electronic problem. Normally the choices for unlocking automatically in range are Drivers door only or all doors I believe. There is no setting for only the passenger door.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
281 Posts
I believe caddad08 is correct...I don't recall a setting for passenger door only...and it wouldn't make much sense. Should work for driver door or both front doors, but I don't think it automatically unlocks the back doors until you open one of the front doors. I agree that there is probably an electrical problem with the driver door. However, I'm basing this all on my memory from cleaning the car and having it lock back up on me all the time...I could be wrong.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes. I have passive unlocking. I have mine set to unlock all doors when I approach.

·
Banned
CTS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I have passive unlocking. I have mine set to unlock all doors when I approach.
And yours is an 08?? So does your back door open aswell without opening the front dooor or do you have to open the front dooor first to unlock the back door?

but also since you have the cts4 lava edition.. maybe yours came extra with the passive unlock?

·
Registered
402 Posts
All doors unlock when I approach but you have to open the drivers or passengers door first before the rear doors actuators will work - as described in the owners manual - Section 3 page 75 passive unlock is available when you have the keyless access system.

·
Banned
CTS
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also are the lights supposed to blink as u approch the car as they do when u press the unlock button on the keys or do they just unlock as u pul the handle with no light turning on?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I believe the lights flash if that is what you have them set to do in the DIC - I never paid close enough attention - I will check that out later today if I remember.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I forgot to check last night. If i walk up to the front of the car in the daylight nothing happens. I suspect that the signal is received by the car but the doors don't actually unlock until you pull on either the drivers or passengers door so flashing of the lights is a moot point anyway. I know they do flash when I walk away and the doors lock automatically.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts