Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Making this thread because the photo hosting in the old thread died.

Its been mentioned before that 2006/7 cupholders are well to be kind, crap. It is not a direct fit. But we can modify the console body to make it fit.

Tools needed to do this:
Wide flat head screw driver
A rag
Ratchet or Socket driver with 6mm socket
A magnetic wand in case things drop into the console
Dremel tool or precision cutting instrument (I used a small hacksaw)

*FYI is you have real wood trim these push clips sometimes stay in the holes in the console as they don't grip the metal body well. This was on my Lux II which is plastic.

Before

After

Also you can order any color you want and simply attach the your top trim piece to the 2008+ cupholder base they interchange with no issue. Which is what I did last week but took me a over a year to do because I was lazy and didn't think to do it when I swapped cupholders when I traded my Lux II for a Performance Sedan.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,046 Posts
I wanted to bump this old dead thread. I plan on doing this retrofit and just bought the deeper cup holder on ebay. I didn't know that a deeper cup holder was available.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L , 2007 DTS, 2012 Chevy Tahoe LT 4X4
115 Posts
The cup holders in the 6 passenger models must be different, because on mine I have no issue with drinks. Can securely accommodate large and small cups.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,046 Posts
The cup holders in the 6 passenger models must be different, because on mine I have no issue with drinks. Can securely accommodate large and small cups.
Yes for whatever reason on the 06,07 DTS with the console the cupholders are ridiculously shallow. Took me 11 years to figure out it was changed in 08. Better late than never.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts