Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a potential owner looking for either a 2007 or 2008 looking to spend about 25k for a decent truck. If that price in mind i could get a 2007 with about 70-80k mikes or a 2008 with 90-100k. The questions i have is

1. Opt for a 2008 assuming some bugs from 2007 have been resolved
  2. is the 70 - 100k high miles for these cars ?
  3. What is the most expensive expense that might come with these cars in this mileage range ?

Appreciate the feedback on these

12,821 Posts
Hi Iceman! It's great that you're thinking about an Escalade, and I wanted to let you know I'm available via email at [email protected] if you would like me to investigate your questions further at any point. I'm also on hand to provide you will an Escalade's build sheet anytime you wish.

Welcome to the forum! I hope forum members will be chiming in soon with the feedback you requested.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,855 Posts
Iceman2011 said:
I am a potential owner looking for either a 2007 or 2008 looking to spend about 25k for a decent truck. If that price in mind i could get a 2007 with about 70-80k mikes or a 2008 with 90-100k. The questions i have is

[*]Opt for a 2008 assuming some bugs from 2007 have been resolved
[*]is the 70 - 100k high miles for these cars ?
[*]What is the most expensive expense that might come with these cars in this mileage range ?

Good luck iceman ,I'm in the same situation, lookin to purchase within the next few weeks. In my area I've been seeing 07,s for about 25 with about 100k miles, i refuse to be a member of the $800+ car note club again as i bought my 05 denali brand new

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,287 Posts
I have a 2008 it is better, 2007 had piston slap and wind noise. Also I heard other things about a 2007. I have 93k miles so you will still have the powertrain warranty. The only thing that went wrong was my 2 front struts and that the exhaust manifold had broken screws. I did have to replace under warranty the catalytic converter at 63k miles only bc I use to run my car low on gas and run out and 4 fuel injectors which was covered under powertrain. Beside this it is alot better than my 2003 ESV AWD I had to rebuild my tranny twice once at 79k miles under GMPP and at 93k miles I paid out of pocket. I am really happy with my truck and I deceided to keep it since they are not changing till 2015 so I am going to buy in 2016. Get the 2008 also you can spend 1000k to make it look like a 2013. GM did a good job those years 2008-2009.

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
481 Posts
I am the original owner of an early build 07 ESV that now has a bit over 104k miles on it. I've had a few minor items with it but otherwise quite reliable. I'm not selling yet but when the new Lade comes out that's when this goes up for sale!!

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
I too have any early build 07 ESV sept of 06, with 66k, generally speaking the truck has been trouble free free however the items below should be looked at before purchase or start saving now for when they come up.

Warranty repairs:
Seat heater module replacement
Both front and rear shocks with compr replacement
Driver exhaust manifold replacement
Window seals replacement for wind noise , several fixes no results still there.
All door handles inside and out replacement.
All rims replaced
Back glass replaced 2x due to broken heater tab
Idler pulley replacement do to squeel
Battery replaced 3x, finally got a good one
Back trim replaced due to poor chrome peeling
Piston slap on occasions . Dealer said no issues.

Out of warranty:
All major fluids replaced at 60k $450
Side pillar paint peeling. No repair yet
Inside pillar cloth issues, no repair yet
Brakes all 4 wheels $750 Baer slotted and drilled incl pads
New tires 22". Good years $1200
Hundreds of gallons of gas. Lol

For the most part trouble free with minor annoyances. Just keep up with the maintenance.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts

1. Opt for a 2008 assuming some bugs from 2007 have been resolved
  2. is the 70 - 100k high miles for these cars ?
  3. What is the most expensive expense that might come with these cars in this mileage range ?

You may want to google independent sites. It would be in your best interest to do as much research as you can before being stuck with a potential problem. Please check independent sites as well.

·
Registered
NONE
2 Posts
Hello everyone. My first first post in this forum :)
I'm a potential Escalade (3rd gen) owner, I'm starting to look for one as a family vehicle. Found one 2007 model, with fairly good mileage, quite a good price. Just wanted to know, what I loose if I chose 2007 over 2008, 2009 or 2010? Cylinder deactivation, blind spot sensors, magnetic ride shocks, different design remote key fob, what else? Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV 2WD 6.2
32 Posts
2008's do not have AFM. That is a good thing as it causes issues with oil consumption at around 100,000. AFM starts in '09 or '10 and if you buy one with it, have it deactivated or use a deactivating device like The Range. Nothing wrong with '07's either. Never buy a used car without running a Carfax. Good luck.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
238 Posts
AFM starts in 10 so try to get as close to 09 as possible. Some 08-09 had piston slap issues that knocked at cold start up. It was mostly just annoying, not a mechanical trouble though. Flex fuel started in 09 with minor transmission upgrades for a longer lifespan.

Keep in mind an 09 Platinum sold new for $84k. The Platinum only Analine leather dash, seats and door cards protect the dash from cracking as well as its paint retaining its clear coat along with every option available makes it an unheard of value even at 100k mi examples. Expect this year to hit 300k miles before motor and trans need replacement which justifies paying slightly more to get the better interior, no crack dash, lasting paint and motor/trans combo. Ours was $14k due to minor maint issues but almost cosmetically perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts