Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
In all seriousness, I have a "base" model 05/V8 and I couldn't be happier. My wife has an 06 V6-4, with Nav., Roof, Wood Interior trimm, cooled seats, but I really don't miss any of the bells and whistles when I mash the happy pedal. I had an aftermarket sunroof installed, and it's everybit as nice as the factory unit, it even closes automatically when I exit the car. I'm sure I would like the AWD come winter time, but 4 blizzaks will cure most of those problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
18" Wheels
Limited Slip Rear Differential (A must if you plan to drive in any kind of slippery weather)
Performance Brakes

Tuscany Leather interior
XM Radio
Navigation

If you wait for 2008 models in about 45 days, get the V6 with the 1SC Luxury Sport package (includes the limited slip and 18" wheels)

Add Navigation and Tuscany leather and you have a VERY nicely balanced, excellent handling, fast STS with better fuel economy than any current STS.

·
Registered
Zip....Zero...shopping now
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add Navigation and Tuscany leather and you have a VERY nicely balanced, excellent handling, fast STS with better fuel economy than any current STS.
Wifey really liked the POWER of the V8, not too sure how the V6 would translate/compare.....but I'll suggest it!

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The new V6 in the 2008 model has 302 HP (18 less than the V8). From the first drive reports that I have read, it is a sweet motor that is close to the V8 in performance. It includes the 6 speed transmission as well.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think you may be out of luck, in any case. 2007 production is winding down and 2008 production is about to begin. I think it's too late to order a 2007.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
522 Posts
In 2005 the "1SF" package had everything I wanted in a V8 STS. Not sure if they still use the same option codes in 2007, but it was call the "luxury performance" package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts