Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is doing a lot of odd things n I'm puzzled. the car has 117k miles but was treated well.
#1 its bogging around 2kRpms around 40mph slightly holding the peddle also this morning it did it at 20mph .when I power threw it n it has no problem but when I start coming of the gas I feel that bog sluggish feeling again.
#2 I'm hearing this od knocking noise when I hit the brakes from a good speed all the way to stop and right before the car stops I hear in than it goes away . I also hear the knocking from a cold start for about 3 seconds.
no engine light is on . I'm going to a mechanic soon.cause its about do for maintenance.
should I just explain to him what's going on or do.u guys have any thoughts ?
also I played with the t/c button on or off to see if the bogg stopped or driving it in sports mode but nothing changed.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so I must confess . so I got it into the mechanic n they did its schedule oil change n filter n the problem went away. I could of swear I thought it had enough oil in but I guess I didn't read the dip stick correctly. I was so worried after it got changed that I also put seafoam in the gas tank n filled it up with premium gas. No.knocking on start up no bogging . I really ****ed up n learned my lesson .question tho? Do u guys think I did significant damage to the engine? Should I be worried? no engine light n no noise or bogging is going on . everything back to normal. also when ur Cadillac says oil life 70% that had nothing to do with oil level right ?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
222 Posts
Check your oil every week, if your low you will bog and then surge on the power, I had 07 cts that I ran way too low on oil and it happened to me luckily no damage but still you don't want to seize the engine.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Check your oil every week, if your low you will bog and then surge on the power, I had 07 cts that I ran way too low on oil and it happened to me luckily no damage but still you don't want to seize the engine.
ye I ****ed up bad! lesson learned. just happy she is running well now. Also what's a good oil to put in v6 2007 when its low ?

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Cap says Mobil 1 5w30, Lol. My 07 is a v6 also. Personally I like to use Mobil 1 High Mileage for the extra anti-wear additives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts